I know there is probably a post here somewhere, but I just spent the past hour searching without finding anything. I am going to upgrade my 1GB (Sprint) card to an 8GB Sandisk. I have ringtones, music, files, on the 1GB, how do I get these onto the 8GB?
    07-29-09 08:34 AM
    The easiest way to do it is copy the files from your old card to your pc. then format your new card in your tour, then copy your backup from your pc to the new card. You really dont need to format the new card in the phone, but I always do to make sure nothing is corrupted
    07-29-09 08:43 AM
    This is what I'd do...

1. Take your 'old' card out.
    2. Put the new one in the Tour, and format it.
    3. Take the new one out, put the old one back in and make sure 'mass media support' is on.
    4. Plug it into the desktop, you should see the window pop up like a regular USB thumb drive.
    5. Open the drive contents, copy everything and put it on your desktop.
    6. Disconnect the BB, take out the smaller card, put the big one in.
    7. When it shows 'open contents', open it, and you should just be able to copy and paste from your desktop to the new 8gb drive.

**I do it easier with a USB adaptor that I bought from the CB store. It's much easier. It was only $20 but I transfer like 250+ peoples crap all the time.
    07-29-09 08:44 AM
    excellent work guys....it looks like this post has been resolved!
    07-29-09 08:46 AM
    This is what I'd do...

1. Take your 'old' card out.
    2. Put the new one in the Tour, and format it.
    3. Take the new one out, put the old one back in and make sure 'mass media support' is on.
    4. Plug it into the desktop, you should see the window pop up like a regular USB thumb drive.
    5. Open the drive contents, copy everything and put it on your desktop.
    6. Disconnect the BB, take out the smaller card, put the big one in.
    7. When it shows 'open contents', open it, and you should just be able to copy and paste from your desktop to the new 8gb drive.

**I do it easier with a USB adaptor that I bought from the CB store. It's much easier. It was only $20 but I transfer like 250+ peoples crap all the time.
    Thanks guys, you Solved my problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 08:53 AM
    No problem, always here to help. Just ask questions if you have any or search the forums for answers too. Everyone here is more than willing to assist and addict others to BlackBerries!
    07-29-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD