as others have said, it is definately NOT pressure related. its all in how long you hold it. while it may seem like you arent holding it any longer, that fraction of a second is whats doing it.
    It seems like I don't hold it any longer which ever way I press the button but you could be right. Yes, I did know about all the other Blackberrys that require us to hold the button down for a couple of seconds but this one seems almost instantaneous.

Whatever it is, I am just glad I don't have to replace my phone. Can't risk getting a "lemon".
    08-15-09 01:40 PM
    This has been in every blackberry I have ever used. You guys are dumb.
    Yeah i was gonna say ive been doing this forever
    08-15-09 01:48 PM
    Yeah i found this out by accident, I'm new to blackberries and it took me about 2 weeks, I thought every BB user knew this. Nice of OP to give this advice though. Although some people can just be pretty darn rude calling others dumb, grow up!
    08-15-09 02:42 PM
    Does any1 read the book anymore???
    08-15-09 02:44 PM
    It amazes how pointless some posts can be. Why criticize others for attempting to contribute. Please keep in mind that everything on the BlackBerry has been noted somewhere in this forum and has perhaps gotten lost. But as my mammy used to say, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." These are words to live by.
    08-15-09 02:50 PM
    To all of you say "This has been here forever blah blah" this is a relativity new feature. Only appearing on the 9000 and 8900 with their last 2 OS leaks/updates. Been on the 4.7 OS for a while though
    08-15-09 02:57 PM
    Sweet find! Just made my life that much easier. I hadn't even noticed it until I tried it out....
    08-15-09 02:58 PM
    It amazes how pointless some posts can be. Why criticize others for attempting to contribute. Please keep in mind that everything on the BlackBerry has been noted somewhere in this forum and has perhaps gotten lost. But as my mammy used to say, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." These are words to live by.
    ALL I'm saying is that it seems that alot of people dont read the instruction manual. As far as things getting lost thats what the search feature is for.
    08-15-09 03:01 PM
    Sweet, works on the Storm too...
    08-15-09 03:02 PM
    Again I knew that holding down the button a couple of seconds would cause the same effect. Just thought that the button was pressure sensitive but I guess pressing the button firmer would make you hold the button down for a split second longer.
    08-15-09 03:32 PM
    First, it's not pressure sensitive whatsoever. It's actually related to the Key Rate option. If it's set to fast, a quick/slow press on the BB button will initiate the App switcher. It's best placed on Normal or a little slower.
    08-15-09 03:40 PM
    This thread delivers
    08-15-09 03:43 PM
    First, it's not pressure sensitive whatsoever. It's actually related to the Key Rate option. If it's set to fast, a quick/slow press on the BB button will initiate the App switcher. It's best placed on Normal or a little slower.
    So true. Just changed my keyrate to normal and now I have to hold the button down for a couple of seconds to get the same effect to come up. LEarn something new each day. Thanks for the info.
    08-15-09 03:44 PM
    Great tip and thank you for the post.
    08-15-09 05:45 PM
    nice find thats sweet
    08-15-09 05:55 PM
    Wow... just like the Storm. I almost thought this was a joke thread. But I guess some realy did not know.
    08-15-09 06:11 PM
    Awesome find thanks!
    08-16-09 12:08 AM
    Awesome find. I've already grown accustomed to the menu button bringing up the application switcher and now I have a quick way to the address book. Fantastic.
    08-16-09 01:11 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD