Just got the Tour. Really like it. No problems at all.

But I'm really not happy that they made the keys a little more difficult to read than the Curve 8330 had. For those of us who wear reading glasses that can be a problem when the eyes are tired.

It would really be nice to be able to turn on the keyboard backlight whenever I want and to have it stay on as long as I want, but I can't find a way to do that.

The backlight control in Options only lets you tell it how long to wait before it goes off after you're done typing or using the trackball "IF" it decided to let it go on at all in the first place based on what it sees as ambient lighting conditions.

If it decides that the room you're in has adequate light, it won't put it on, period, no matter what your settings are in Options.

The only way I can get it to go on in a normally lit room is cover the face of the phone so it thinks I'm in a dark room, but as soon as I start typing it sees the ambient lighting as "adequate" and therefore only leaves the backlight on for 15 seconds -- regardless of what my Options settings are (which are only utilized when it determines you're in a dark environment).

And the other Options control, which is for "dim" being on or off, is just whether it reduces the intensity of the backlight of the screen display if it determines that you're in a dark environment and probably don't need it at full brightness.

Anyone know of a simply way to have more control over when the backlight for the keyboard is on or not?

Thanks.
    07-24-09 02:12 AM
    Anyone?? **BUMP**

i've found that if you put your thumb over the LED on the fron tof the screen, the keyboard backlight comes back on - no need to cover the whole screen ... but is there a different setting for this?!?!?!
    08-19-09 09:33 PM
    The way you're doing it is THE way to do it. There is no other way and no setting available to change its behavior in any way. I've really checked and this is sure.
    08-20-09 01:34 AM
    Anyone?? **BUMP**

i've found that if you put your thumb over the LED on the fron tof the screen, the keyboard backlight comes back on - no need to cover the whole screen ... but is there a different setting for this?!?!?!
    You have a couple of options. One is "Leave It On" by member Shao128. You can find it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/lea...klight-260977/

Another option is BBLight.
    08-29-09 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD