I used to own an 8703e and I remember when pressing the top left button it would give me control over the backlight - it seems that that functionality is no longer available on my tour....anyone have any solutions? thanks in advance
    07-30-09 09:31 AM
    The back light will change based on the amount of light it detects.

Putting your finger over the LED for coverage/messages there is a sensor there that detects your surrounding light. It brightens the screen the brighter it is around you and if you are in the dark it dims the screen. so the option that says "Automatically Dim Backlight" either turns that feature on or off. all it does is save battery power when you are in the dark and really don't need such a bright screen.
    07-30-09 09:33 AM
    The back light will change based on the amount of light it detects.

Putting your finger over the LED for coverage/messages there is a sensor there that detects your surrounding light. It brightens the screen the brighter it is around you and if you are in the dark it dims the screen. so the option that says "Automatically Dim Backlight" either turns that feature on or off. all it does is save battery power when you are in the dark and really don't need such a bright screen.
    Thanks Yester18...I know what you mean but I had instances where there would be too much sunlight and had to press the backlight button on my 8703e that would brighten the screen up - basically at my will - thats what I am looking to do
    07-30-09 09:43 AM
    I actually wished there was an option to turn the screen brightness down even more, i like my screens somewhat dim, people even comment on how low my desktop screen is set, the lowest setting is a 10. does anybody know if there is a third party app that takes your screen to a dimmer setting?
    07-30-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD