Sorry for posting another trackball thread. The Tour is my first Blackberry ever. I have trackball issues like you wouldn't believe. A friend of mine has a new Blackberry Curve for T-Mobile and it pissed me off so bad when I tried his trackball out and that thing was so smooth I couldn't believe i've been dealing with the ****ty trackball issues I have and how some people on this forum just say "it's no big deal, you're being picky, there's worse things...etc"

Now, some people are saying that it's a software issue and it will be fixed in some sort of update and then some people are claiming they have new ones built on such and such a date and they don't have issues. If it's really a software issue and we all have the same software, why are some good and some aren't? My question is am I an *** for assuming that I would just sit around waiting for a software update that would fix this or should I just return this one? I mean my trackball frustrates the **** outta me sometimes its so bad.
    09-08-09 11:40 AM
    the trackball issue is both software and hardware related. when people mention it's a software issue, they mean they scroll left or right and there is a delay before there is movement on the screen. very tough to navigate that way. you may want to head over to bbhybrids.net and try a 4.7 based hybrid to fix the lag that is creating the issue.

the hardware issue is where you try to scroll and the trackball won't move or it feels like there is sand stuck behind it. if you do a search there are several ways to "clean' the trackball, and even ways to remove it and replace with the curve's mechanism. I prefer the wet finger trick and find myself doing it once a week.

hope this helps
    09-08-09 11:50 AM
    the trackball issue is both software and hardware related. when people mention it's a software issue, they mean they scroll left or right and there is a delay before there is movement on the screen. very tough to navigate that way. you may want to head over to bbhybrids.net and try a 4.7 based hybrid to fix the lag that is creating the issue.

the hardware issue is where you try to scroll and the trackball won't move or it feels like there is sand stuck behind it. if you do a search there are several ways to "clean' the trackball, and even ways to remove it and replace with the curve's mechanism. I prefer the wet finger trick and find myself doing it once a week.

hope this helps
    I'm screwed cause i have both these issues. My trackball does feel really rough like sand's in there. I tried the air spray and it works for a little bit but now i'm thinking that's when the software issue kicks in so i still feel like it's not fixed. Lemme try the fix you mentioned and see if that works. Thanks for clarifying!
    09-08-09 11:58 AM
    just wet your finger tip and flick the excess water off then run the trackball up and down, left and right for a minute or two and then I roll the trackball around with a dry paper towel. that has never let me down. for the hybrid i'd do the 4.7 v 5.3 by irtehun. there are good directions here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/tour-hybrid-273397/

you can d/l everything from bbhybrids
    09-08-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD