For the past couple days I have noticed that my memory continously decreases throughout the day. I do a quickpull at 4am every morning and when I wake up I have about 103 mb of ram free. The memory then begins its downward spiral all the way down to 30mb. Its not like I'm running a crazy amount of apps (quicklaunch, beweather, randtones, iheartradio, WHERE, Scoremobile), and a few others. Its not that I am not closing out apps either. The only ones that are ever open are the 5 standard ones and Beweather. Could I have a memory leak on my tour??!!?? Is anyone else exp this?
    07-31-09 10:03 PM
    It sure SOUNDS like a memory leak, and a big one at that. My Tour, thankfully, isn't doing that, but the Pearl I just upgraded had a nasty memory leak that drove me nuts (and that thing had a lot less memory to "lose" to begin with!). Battery pull first thing every morning and I never figured out which app caused the problem.

Has it been doing it since day one or did it start after a recent install?
    07-31-09 10:12 PM
    "Could I have a memory leak on my Tour?" Lol.

The question should be "Why am I getting so much memory leak?"

I use Weathereye and don't experience very much memory leak at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 10:12 PM
    Not sure if it has been going on since day 1. Noticed it when I installed Quicklaunch. I made a shortcut to the memory status and thats where I see this occurring.. UPDATE: I uninstalled quicklaunch and my memory has been holding steady now at 101.8?!? I know quicklaunch is a great app and i have read that many people on here have used it without issue, but thats the only app other then Beweather that I know is constantly running and cannot be closed? any ideas?
    07-31-09 10:18 PM
    I run Quicklaunch with no memory leak whats so ever.I did have some issues with beweather(berryweather).It affected my vz navigator by not allowing the turn by turn directions to come thru the speakerphone. I unistalled it and vz nav was fine... I did not however have it on my phone long enough to notice if I had a memory leak with it. I usaully boot up at 120mb and drop to around 108mb by the end of the day, but then hold right there. I would suggest uninstalling berryweather and reinstalling quick launch to verify that it (QL) is the culprit.
    07-31-09 11:00 PM
    I think that I had a memory leak with BerryWeather. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and my memory has been holding steady ever since.
    07-31-09 11:28 PM
    I hardly ever reset. Maybe 2 times so far and I hold over 103 regularly.
    07-31-09 11:49 PM
    just closed the unused apps.. that's it
    08-01-09 12:00 AM
    I have a continuous (and fast) memory leak that also started when I installed QuickLaunch for Pearl, disappeared when I uninstalled it. Haven't added any other apps in the last few weeks. I check my memory often (it is a pearl...) so I'm certain it coincided with installation of QL for me. Even with a hard reset (via battery pull) in the morning I'm down to 0 by the afternoon with QuickLaunch installed, holding steady now that it's uninstalled.

Bummer that there was no free trial, so I paid for an app that renders my phone useless every few hours! Awesome app that I wish I could use! Also, before anyone asks, I close out all of my apps when I'm not using them & don't let them run in the background. Maybe an updated version of the app will take care of the problem some of us are experiencing.

Maybe it's a combination of QL and another app? Here's my list: BBWeather, Facebook, GoogleMaps, GoogleVoice, Opera Mini, QSMS, Viigo & Youmail.
    08-06-09 03:01 PM
    i'm also experiencing continuos leakage throughout the day. i close out all my apps and have nothing running in the background. i started noticing it only after installing QL. does anyone know the problem or have a solution? i would hate to have to lose QL
    10-28-09 05:53 PM
    I had the same issue. I uninstalled Quick Launch and everything is fine. I don't really need it anyway. Also had a memory issue with GoogleMaps as well so I uninstalled it and now I just use the Poynt app with Blackberry Maps and that has solved the memory problem there as well (I would always get the spinning clock during use). BBWeather has been working fine for me with no leaks and so has Facebook and Myspace.
    10-28-09 06:08 PM
    still experiencing continuous memory leak. the developer of QL has said that QL has no memory leaks, so i'm still trying to determine the culprit. i've discovered that by toggling the radio signal on my tour off then on, my free memory gets restored (similar result as a quickpull). does this give anyone any hints as to what could be causing the leak?
    10-30-09 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD