So I have the blackberry tour. Obviously if I'm posting in this forum. My question is whether or not I should keep it... Apparently the tour has a very high (50%) return ratio. I happen to have gotten a good one through Sprint on the first try (no trackball or screen ripple issues,or others). I'm just wondering if maybe these problems haven't happened for me yet or if they will never happen. Cause right now I'm still within my 30 days to exchange for a different device and as much as I love my berry I like the pre too(keyboard sucks tho). So I guess I'm just looking for opinions from others as to see what you all would do if you were in my shoes. Thanks for the advice in advance!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 10:03 PM
    Mine works perfectly right out of the box on the first try. I'm not letting the 50% return rate get to me. Why would I? I have a device that functions like it should. Anything can develop problems in the future. There's no way to predict that. I'm keeping mine and taking the chance it'll continue to work properly.

09-16-09 10:18 PM
    Hi Tyler,

I am a new to Blackberry and got the Tour back in July (with Verizon). After almost 2 months, I am still in love with my Tour and have had no major problems with my phone. So, in my honest opinion, I think you will be happy with the phone over the long-term. That said, I guess it comes down to how comfortable you are with the phone and what your perceptions are.

Hopefully this helps, just my humble opinion.
    09-16-09 10:22 PM
    Thanks guys. I love blackberries and just needed some people to talk me back to my senses. Lol. I'm gonna keep the tour and just hope for the best. After all right now with no problems I love the phone and think that its the best phone I've ever owned (since I gave up my 8330 ). Thanks again for the support and I'm gonna be here for good now

09-16-09 10:31 PM
    We have two, purchased about two weeks ago, and they are both functioning beautifully! We love them!

Keep it don't jump on the band wagon unnecessarily! 50% bad also means 50% GOOD!

Happy Touring!!
    09-16-09 10:35 PM
    As far as I see it, the trackball issue could end up working out in your (and my) favor. Why? Because at this point EVERYONE knows that there is an issue with the Tour trackball. If your Tour is perfect, like mine, then good for you. But with so many back trackballs, if you do end up having problems in the coming months, getting the phone replaced shouldn't be any problem at all.

I'm already out of my 30 days, and I know for a fact that Sprint would replace my phone in a heartbeat if I develop any trackball issues what-so-ever. It sucks that RIM is having this problem, but at least it's gotten to the point where it can no longer be denied, and RIM and the carriers seem to be willing to replace the bad units.
    09-16-09 11:02 PM
    Dsmithjr. Yea I hear ya. I'm def gonna keep my tour. With OS 5.0 right around the corner, the keyboard, and the user interface, I think that the tour is def the phone I'm looking for. Plus "if it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess.". And even if I ever did have a problem there's no doubt in my mind that Sprint would replace it no questions asked. I love blackberry and always will. I guess I was just nervous about something that "could happen"....

09-16-09 11:35 PM
    Stay with the device that makes you happy. I think a lot of the quirks that ppl are reporting seem to be things that happen right from the start of using the phone.

So if you like the phone and aren't having issues, I'd keep it as long as you are happy. I'd say keep the phone that you initially wanted from the get-go.
    09-16-09 11:57 PM
    The 50% ratio doesn't indicate the chance that your phone will break down in the future, it represents the chance that you'll get a bad Tour right out of the box. If your phone is fine, that means you're in the lucky 50%.

People aren't returning the Tour because of its features or specifications. They're doing it because of the bugs. If you like the phone, and you don't have any bugs, keep it. If you do have bugs, have it replaced.
    09-17-09 12:32 AM
    Tyler, you might just have a case of med-student syndrome. The majority of members here who brought home their new Blackberry started reading too much into whatever alleged problems there are and suddenly donned the burden of knowledge. Know-too-much, seen-too-much. On the other hand, the "ignorance is bliss" argument doesn't always apply to someone who is willing to fork over a few hundred dollars for a new phone.

My advice is that you keep your phone. If there are no blatant software or hardware issues, you're most likely in the clear.
    09-17-09 03:33 AM
    If you have a phone that works the way you like it to work, then keep it. Why would you get rid of it for something you are 'afraid' would happen?
    Would you keep your car in the garage forever because you don't want to get a flat tire while driving it?
    09-17-09 03:52 AM
    I think people stopped reading right before Tyler stated that he is keeping his phone. Good move Ty, you won't be dissappointed.
    09-17-09 03:57 AM
    I love my tour. Every once in a while ill have a trackball issue and when I press down a tad too hard ill get the ripple. I decided to just deal with it since no phone is absolutely perfect. Up until yesterday everything was definately bearable. I lost the use of my speakerphone/ ringtones. Looking forward to seeing if my new tour that's getting shipped to me tomorrow will not have the ripple. Don't let me discourage you though since anything and everything seems to happen to my phones haha.

09-17-09 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD