Hello. I have had my Tour for almost three months. In that time I have had constant problems with my contacts and calendar. When I type in the name of a contact from the home screen, sometimes it is recognized in the contacts, and sometimes it isn't. Even when in the phone application, sometimes it will recognize and load the name of the contact and sometimes it won't. The calendar seems completely dysfunctional. It is always a month or two ahead. When I try to select today's date, it's always wrong. When I try to scroll back to today's date, no matter which direction I scroll, it's always a few months ahead. I can never get the current date. Please help.
    12-12-09 06:53 PM
    1. Have it replaced by your provider...

2. Use the BBSak tool wipe it clean as a baby's backside...To the point where you receive an error message due to no OS...And load the official operating system back on it...
    12-12-09 07:01 PM
    Bluslaser's first choice is mine as well. You should've replaced it in the first 30 days with a new unit. But a refurbished unit will be better than what you have now.

Assuming you keep it, what desktop client are you synching with?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 07:10 PM
    I use BB Desktop Manager for Mac. But I get an error message when I try to sync my contacts.
    12-12-09 07:20 PM
    What are you synching to? Outlook? I don't have any experience with DM for Mac. Do you have access to a PC?

12-12-09 07:36 PM
    No. I only have an Apple desktop and laptop. It synchronizes with Apple's Address Book.
    12-12-09 07:40 PM
    I'm afraid I can't help you with that, other than to suggest you check to see if DM for Mac supports Apples's Address Book.

None of that explains your odd Calendar problems. DM for Mac is quite new. Have you always used it? If not, did you have the Calendar problems before?

12-12-09 07:48 PM
    Because DM for Mac is so new the last resort would be setting up a Gmail account
    to sync your contacts and calendars in the meantime as you try to resolve the
    DM/Mac issue.
    12-12-09 07:53 PM
    The calendar issues started as soon as I used the phone. It's always been off.
    12-12-09 07:54 PM
    Yea. I use google sync which temporarily resolves a portion of the problem.
    12-12-09 08:09 PM
    Does the Calendar problem vary with the view you select? Does Daily view give a different result than agenda view?

12-12-09 08:24 PM
    No. Whatever option I select it's always ahead.
    12-12-09 08:30 PM
    Assuming you have the date and time set correctly on the phone, if pressing Menu / Today doesn't take you to today when in Day View, then I think you need to follow bluelaser's second strategy. Wipe the phone clean of an OS, and reload the current factory OS. What OS are you running, by the way? And what theme?
    12-12-09 08:51 PM
    I'm running the original OS 4.7.1.40.
    12-12-09 08:57 PM
    If you elect to wipe and reinstall, I recommend you go with 4.7.1.61. It's officially released by Verizon, and is a significant improvement over 4.7.1.40. Installing it will not void your warranty, since it's Verizon's current version.
    12-12-09 08:59 PM
    I'll look into that. Thanks.
    12-12-09 09:04 PM
    If wiping and reloading the current OS doesn't solve the calendar problem, you may have to get a new Tour. I haven't read your problem before. Tours had several problems when first introduced, and still have some, but what you describe is not one of them.
    12-12-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD