I don't really know when this started but just noticed it today (I usually have my phone on vibrate). I had custom ringtone that I made set for all phone calls. My wife called me today and it was the default classic phone ringer. I went and checked my ringtone options and it was set to my custom ringtone, but when I went to edit my wifes contact info it had the default ringtone there. I checked several other contacts and they all had the default ringtone as well, but when a number calls me that is not in my contacts I hear my custom ringtone. I am on vzw and running 4.7.61. If any knows how to fix this please let me know.
    01-11-10 01:54 PM
    Weird since you didn't upgrade to .419. Some, including myself have seen our custom ringtones have changed, and each contact has a ringtone set to default classic. Thought it was a .419 issue.

Not sure what happened myself, but now, even though each contact has mysteriously had the default phone ringer set, its suddenly reverted back to using the phone ringer I chose in the phone profile. Not sure what the heck is going on here...lol.
    01-11-10 02:05 PM
    its a bug, here's how to fix it:

Go to profiles on home screen. Scroll to contact alerts and delete the names listed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/de...9/#post4194867
    01-11-10 02:06 PM
    Thanks, that fixed it.
    01-11-10 09:18 PM
    I do have the same problem.

I tried the solution mentioned.
    with:
    "Go to profiles on home screen. Scroll to contact alerts and delete the names listed."

Is ment profiles on home screen of "select a sound profile?"
    Because I don't see no names listed tot delete
    09-27-10 03:11 AM
    De solution mentioned above, worked out, but only after a batteypull.
    09-27-10 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD