I promise I've scoured my user Manual & these forums and this is my 1st Berry (VZW Tour) - but here goes:

How do I change the default contact number to dial/save/recall the mobile number instead of the work number?
    It's great to be able to store multiple #'s to a contact, but I'd like to arrange them to my preferences.

Just a little quirk, nothing major - just seeing if anyone could help out with a "yes it's possible, here:__" or "no, it's not possible, this was discussed 45 years ago."
    10-24-09 08:35 PM
    I have not found a way to create it to save that way. I end up just copying the phone number and pasting it into the cell slot instead, sometimes I am just lazy and leave it as work
    10-24-09 08:45 PM
    I have not found a way to create it to save that way. I end up just copying the phone number and pasting it into the cell slot instead, sometimes I am just lazy and leave it as work
    Thanks for the response. Yeah that's how I load my contacts also. What I'm more concerned with is when I select a contact to call (which has multiple numbers stored) I most often call the mobile number. I'd like it to be at the top rather than below Work 1 & Work 2 - so I don't have to scroll down 2-3 spots while driving, etc.

Total laziness on my part - I know- but something I got accustomed to on my previous "dumb phones."
    10-24-09 08:49 PM
    Yeah, it is kinda bogus that when you want to save a number and create a new contact, it automatically stores it in Work rather than asking you where you want it. I just got used to cutting / pasting like drm2blv mentioned.
    10-24-09 08:54 PM
    Thanks for the response. Yeah that's how I load my contacts also. What I'm more concerned with is when I select a contact to call (which has multiple numbers stored) I most often call the mobile number. I'd like it to be at the top rather than below Work 1 & Work 2 - so I don't have to scroll down 2-3 spots while driving, etc.

Total laziness on my part - I know- but something I got accustomed to on my previous "dumb phones."
    If you have a set group of people you call, try to set speed dials for the specific numbers, thats what i did, it works well for me.
    10-24-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD