Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way on the 9630 to make one phone number of multiple numbers under one contact be the priority?

A lot of times I type in the first couple of letters to get the contact and hit send to call them and then I get asked always what number to call on that contact. Starting to get a little old.

I would like to make the personal mobile number the priority instead of being asked all the time or at least put in on the top of the list.

I also notice on the 8530 for text messaging they have different colored backgrounds for the incoming and outgoing texts. Is there a option on our phones so they can do that too?

Thanks
    03-05-10 10:02 AM
    My first ? is your sig says Device Model: Not a BlackBerry/Smartphone User, yet your saying the way blackberry asks what number to call is starting to get a little old.

Do you have a blackberry tour?

I think you would have to do
    contact 1 mom home 555-1212
    contact 2 mom cell 555-5000
    03-05-10 10:21 AM
    Bump on the OP's question about setting a specific phone number (cell, for example) as the priority/default. My "old" phone could do that, but my BB can't?
    03-05-10 12:22 PM
    There is no way to set a priority. I think it will bring up the last number of that contact you called. The only other way, is as suggested - set them up as two different contacts.
    03-05-10 12:26 PM
    I had a Verizon EnV and the speed dial list was done by numbers. For example, if I just entered 1-9 and hit send, it would dial entry #19 in the speed dial list. I thought it was a pretty cool feature, especially since I could assign my coworkers badge numbers to coincide with speed dial entries, but I guess that was about the only practical use. the EnV could store up to 200 speed dials I think but who the **** can remember all that? Might just as well go through your phone book.
    03-05-10 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD