Hello everyone, I'm new to smartphones and the learning curve on this phone is taking its toll.

I have a new tour and the verizon store transferred my files over from the old phone.

However, now when i go to my contacts it says 'personal' and 'no contacts' but my voice dialing still works. I have a feeling that it once said 'Business' but not sure.

How to I find my contacts?

Thanks
    09-05-09 02:31 PM
    Do / did you have filters set? Could they be on your SIM card?
    09-05-09 02:36 PM
    Sorry, but I dont know enough about the phone to answer those questions. My previous phone did not have a sim card though
    09-05-09 02:41 PM
    To look at SIM card go to CONTACTS > MENU > SIM Phone Book. To look at filters go to CONTACTS > MENU > FILTERS.
    09-05-09 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the reply

The only number in my sim phone book if global support, and if I switch filters between business and personal they both read 'no contacts'

Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help
    09-05-09 03:39 PM
    Can you UNselect Filters entirely? Try that if possible.

So, if you start typing a name (contact person) in the phone app (or from the home screen if dialing is enabled), the phone will dial, say, Mary Jones? So the people are there just "hidden?"
    09-05-09 08:15 PM
    Yes, if I type the number and press send, the name associated the number appears. Also i can tell the phone to "call jason" and it will. I did not see a hide filter setting, but both filters showed no contacts
    09-05-09 08:42 PM
    Uncheck all the filter boxes. If you check a box, you are invoking that filter. No box checked is how you "unfilter." Uncheck the boxes and your contacts will appear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 09:10 PM
    Thanks, you solved it! I thought it was one or the other.

Have a nice day
    09-06-09 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD