I have a BB Tour 9630 w/ OS 5.0.0.732. I would like to have the phone remain silent while I sleep for everything but any phone calls and all emails from a particular contact. I have set the alert profile to Phone Calls only, and set up a contact alert for emails from the contact I want to be alerted for.

This works smashingly if I have recently used my phone, but it seems that if it is not used for 20 minutes or so (ie while I am sleeping), the contact alert does not ring when an email comes in. I can't find any references to a standby mode in this OS, and I can't seem to find other posts with the same problem. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I need these alerts to support an overnight software load process, and when they fail, I have service outages which cost my company substantially. Please help!
    08-02-10 04:44 PM
    you know, i have been looking everywhere for just a little something like this...my situation is with berrybuzz. all led alerts and reminders all work fine till my phone goes in standby for 20 minutes then they all stop working, very frustrating. i can open berrybuzz and everything will work but after 20 min in standby no go...i am asking in forums everywhere but nobody seems to have this problem. im with tmobile OS .714
    08-02-10 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD