Jeff I have been looking at the sprint tour I know you are on verizon but are you happy with the device?
    12-05-09 12:45 PM
    I'm much happier with it running OS 4.7.1.61 than I was with the OEM 4.7.1.40. .61 eliminated the severe lag I was experiencing. Overall, I am very happy with the Tour. Of course, coming from a Verizon 8830, I didn't have a camera or general purpose GPS. You have those with your Sprint 8330 already.

I moved your question to a new thread to keep from hijacking the other thread.
    12-05-09 12:51 PM
    The Tour is the best Blackberry I have ever had so far! The only other phone I am looking forward to getting is the Tour 2! Very happy with the Tour
    12-05-09 12:51 PM
    I have to agree the Tour is the best BlackBerry. I don't know if I will even consider the Tour 2..I don't know how I feel about the trackpad..maybe i'll just try it out when it comes out.
    12-05-09 03:16 PM
    Well, I have done the mistake of trying the trackpad and it is now a must have for me. so it will either be Essex or Bold 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 06:23 PM
    Well, I have done the mistake of trying the trackpad and it is now a must have for me. so it will either be Essex or Bold 9700.

I think all Blackberrys from hear on out will be getting trackpads, RIMs doing away from Trackballs as trackballs are the number one thing to fail on a Blackberry. I love the idea of trackpads and I think there on the right track with these new trackpads there coming out with
    12-05-09 06:27 PM
    I think all Blackberrys from hear on out will be getting trackpads, RIMs doing away from Trackballs as trackballs are the number one thing to fail on a Blackberry. I love the idea of trackpads and I think there on the right track with these new trackpads there coming out with
    Yep.... Trackpad is a huge step up from trackball. Aslo wifi on all devices from now on, which is about time. I don't have too much use for wifi but for many it was a priority. Also if not mistaken, carriers are not offering unlimited data anymore so wifi is more useful now.

12-05-09 06:40 PM
    I got the tour Thursday, love it, came from a 8330
    12-05-09 07:16 PM
    I have to agree the Tour is the best BlackBerry. I don't know if I will even consider the Tour 2..I don't know how I feel about the trackpad..maybe i'll just try it out when it comes out.
    +1

I came from the att bold to verzion. I couldn't be happier with my phone.

12-05-09 09:26 PM
    I had the Storm. Miss the big screen that about it. Much more stable device compared top the storm

12-05-09 09:38 PM
    I'm trying to hold out for the Essex, but its getting harder and harder

12-05-09 10:26 PM
    I just got the Tour a few weeks ago. My first Blackberry. Was waiting for the Essex but I got tired of waiting. I went to check out the Curve 8530 with the new trackpad and was disappointed. Many times when I was trying to scroll I accidentally clicked the track pad, but overall it did feel more accurate than the Tour's trackball. There should be more resistance for a "click." I got the Tour and love it, no regrets.
    12-05-09 10:30 PM
    Yep.... Trackpad is a huge step up from trackball. Aslo wifi on all devices from now on, which is about time. I don't have too much use for wifi but for many it was a priority. Also if not mistaken, carriers are not offering unlimited data anymore so wifi is more useful now.

I myself like the old "eraser" style in my PC6700. It is easy to scroll in all directions and still works like a charm after years of use. But when the Essex does come out, I will be one of the first people wanting to give it a test drive at the Sprint store...lol. Makes it kind of nice getting an upgrade every year, I can almost keep up with the new models.
    P.S. Yes I am totally happy with my Tour...first BB and had it almost 3 months trouble free, best smart phone I have ever owned!!
    12-05-09 11:54 PM
    Thanks everyone I think the tour on sprint still has a trackball so I will wait for the trackpad

12-06-09 12:14 AM
    go with a sprint tour and not a verizon tour, for customer service reasons. youll thank me later, im on tour #5 with verizon and im not a happy switcher right now
    12-06-09 12:26 PM
    Thanks everyone I think the tour on sprint still has a trackball so I will wait for the trackpad

I thought I would like the trackpad more, and I am one of the few who really like the trackball.

I actually could care less about wifi and the trackpad (I have unlimited data and great 3g coverage) so I think I will stick with the Tour for a while.

Sprint is making some good deals on the Tour if you call and ask They arent advertised, but some people including myself have got some smoking hot deals in the past week or so.
    12-06-09 02:25 PM
    I thought I would like the trackpad more, and I am one of the few who really like the trackball.

I actually could care less about wifi and the trackpad (I have unlimited data and great 3g coverage) so I think I will stick with the Tour for a while.

Sprint is making some good deals on the Tour if you call and ask They arent advertised, but some people including myself have got some smoking hot deals in the past week or so.
    Ditto. I think the trackpad is a fine new feature, but the "benefits" with the Essex and 9700 are so minor that its the wave after those devices that will pique my interest.

Until then... The Tour is a rocking sweet device.

12-06-09 05:52 PM
    I have had the Windows phones for years and recently changed to Blackberry. Really like it. I love, love, love to listen to streaming radio am stations from all over the country. And Blackberry Tour does very well. And the Blackberry Web Browser seems a little slow, but there is a fast Opera and the Bolt browser that does web surfing faster. I downloaded both of them for free. The battery didn't last me all day - because I might play my internet radio for a couple of hours - and so I purchased the extended 2600mAh battery and also an extended charger and I love it. It's still thin enough to fit in the stock case. The phone is pretty much flawless. Works very nice. All of my Outlook contacts sync with the phone. The phone does a beautiful job of pushing all of my email to the phone - instantaneously unlike my old Windows phones that had to turn on and access my email accounts at preset times. The calendar is so easy to use. The trackball makes navigating so fast with one hand. I dig the new Google Android phones and the screens on them are smooth and beautiful, but one hand operation is not possible. The screen on the tour is so crisp and bright: a huge improvement over my wife's 8330. Sharing photos and videos are quick and easy. I dig the Blackberry Tour.
    12-06-09 07:44 PM
    I attempted to download Bolt and Opera both for my Storm1 and both were seemingly incompatible with the Storm1. No idea why, but they simply were not simple to use, although they were much faster than the standard BB Browser. Oh well.
    12-06-09 08:08 PM
    I have been waiting for the tour 2 to come out, yesterday went to the verizon store to look at the curve 2. To me it seemed cheap, I did like the track pad. Since I have never had any issues with my current curve 8330 in 2 years, i went with a tour 9630. So far like it. I guess only time will tell. Huge upgrade from the curve!!!

Will worry about how to upgrade to a tour 2 if and when that day ever shows up.
    12-06-09 08:22 PM
    Sprint customer service is horrible. I used to sell Sprint and Verizon I had so many customers complain and when I would call on their behalf the Sprint reps were also rude to us on the phone. I also don't like how Sprint makes their customers pay an upgrade fee for a new phone. That is such a ripoff. Verizon is way better on customer service and they have the best coverage PERIOD
    12-08-09 02:47 PM
    Jeff I have been looking at the sprint tour I know you are on verizon but are you happy with the device?
    i have the sprint tour, runs fast, great reception all the time, and really easy to get used to... definitely a good move... ENJOY!
    12-08-09 11:15 PM
    Sprint customer service is horrible. I used to sell Sprint and Verizon I had so many customers complain and when I would call on their behalf the Sprint reps were also rude to us on the phone. I also don't like how Sprint makes their customers pay an upgrade fee for a new phone. That is such a ripoff. Verizon is way better on customer service and they have the best coverage PERIOD
    things have gotten a lot better since the nextel merger... if anyone upgrades their phone it doesn't have to be thru sprint anymore... i called to complain about wanting my tour and not wanting to pay 250 for it when i could wait a month and not renew and get it for 100 with a new contract... they told me the cheapest place to get it was best buy and i paid 100 and they took my 150 upgrade credit and applied it to my bill, basically i made 50 off sprint and got a brand new phone!... so how exactly is that bad customer service... they've had me for 8 years and they'll have me for 2 more...
    12-08-09 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD