Hey everyone! My name's Matt. I'm 16 (soon to be 17) years old and I have been slowly becoming interested in Blackberry devices. I am a current owner of an LG enV2, but am looking to switch over to a BlackBerry (the Tour specifically). I was hoping that the iPhone would be released for Verizon by the end of this year but that doesn't look like it will be happening and I slowly got over the "hype" of this Apple product...

Anyway, I am totally considering the Blackberry Tour I was just curious as to what protective case I should buy for the phone once I purchase it. Also, are the screen protectors worth buying. Would you recommend it? I understand that the price currently stands at $149.99 as an upgrade price, do you think it will get lower when the Storm 2 comes out?

Thanks so much!
    -Matt
    10-20-09 09:31 PM
    Welcome to CB! I would bet the price will drop once the S2 comes out, but no one really knows how much. You should definetley get a Tour though, they rock. I would suggest either a Seidio Innocase 360 or a Otterbox Defender case, depending on the level of protection you want for your device
    10-20-09 09:51 PM
    Well right now, if you are eligible for the new every 2 promo you can get 30 or 50 dollars off the tour! so it will either be 120 or 100!

I just upgraded to the Tour. I will have it tomorrow. I have read their Seidio's are the best cases. I have heard the ZAGG screen protectors are good too. I bought my bf one for his storm. It's military grade and scratch resistant.
    10-20-09 10:07 PM
    AND, Verizon has a BOGO deal with the Tour right now...

As for the screen protector....check out Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page
    10-20-09 10:10 PM
    AND, Verizon has a BOGO deal with the Tour right now...

As for the screen protector....check out Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page
    That price for 5.99 and you get two of them for the Tour is an awesome deal! I assume you use them, correct?
    10-20-09 10:21 PM
    I used to on my Curve, and still do on my iPod. There's like 14 pieces for the Tour-----$&@^# that! I go nekkid!
    10-20-09 10:23 PM
    Tour is an awesome phone with a sleek design.

I would suggest not to use a case at all, and just get the invisible shield, if you really want a case, then maybe a rubber skin.

Anything else IMO just adds too much to the phone. I currently use a skin on mine because I tend to put my phone right in the middle dash of my car and it prevents it from slipping away.

But i just ordered a OEM rubbery back cover from CNN and cannot wait till that gets here, the phone just feels so much nicer without the rubber skin on!
    10-21-09 12:31 AM
    just got my tour today. you wont be disapointed at all. just be careful. i am already addicted.
    10-21-09 12:46 AM
    Buy it... buy it now!! You won't be sorry about getting the Tour... I've had mine for almost three weeks now and still smile every time I pull it out of the case and it comes to life. I wish they had high tech items like this when I was your age... well that's another story..lol. Good luck and keep us posted!
    10-21-09 12:56 AM
    i got the tour for free from sprint, as a replacement for my touch pro. the plan was to get it and sell it to buy the htc hero, but now that i'm actually using it, i'm contemplating just keeping it cause its really not that bad of a phone, and i don't even like blackberries. i'm gonna use it for a few weeks before i decide, but so far, i'm really impressed.
    10-21-09 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD