For 9 months bberry Tour tethered to laptop has provided internet service. Worked great yesterday morning - would not connect yesterday afternoon - nothing changed on phone or laptop. Error message says 'Error 691: access was denied because user name and or password was invalid on the domain' Today I checked SIP User ID and ESN to confirm I am using the correct info, using #777 as always -no luck. I reinstalled bberry desktop manager - no luck. I used SIP and ESN from my husband's Curve-no luck. Same tether set up for his phone and laptop - no problem connecting. Same OS system on both laptops. We both have unlimted data plan with Cellular South. Anyone have any suggestions?
    09-06-09 07:01 PM
    The Tour hasn't been out for nine months has it? If you have recently changed to it, that may mean you need to go get the most recent version of your tethering software. I had to do that with Verizon on my laptop here. It may not be the answer but it might be a place to start looking.

Be sure to delete the old software so there are no conflicts before you install the new one. Sometimes doing an upgrade install over the old software just doesn't work too well.
    09-06-09 07:21 PM
    The username/password error is an umbrella error that covers about 20 different things that could be wrong with the connection. I would just uninstall your tethering software and reinstall it.
    09-06-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD