Ive been reading around the threads and from everything im reading i am understanding that our tours are currently coming with 4.7 and 5.0 has not been released yet. I happened to click the check for updates button though and am sent to this page https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...53789B37D62F27 5.0 OS has been officially released? Or am I confused?
    10-08-09 10:51 PM
    That is desktop manager, not the phones OS.
    10-08-09 10:52 PM
    if you take 2 seconds to read it,........it says it is for desktop manager.....not an OS
    10-08-09 10:53 PM
    so you would still have to download from the beta OS links? The instructions with all of them look so confusing I dont want to take the chance and mess my phone up, I just want to be able to do a simple update :-( Im guessing that means I have to wait for the official release for that?
    10-08-09 10:54 PM
    if you take 2 seconds to read it,........it says it is for desktop manager.....not an OS
    Gotta love the world of electronics
    10-08-09 10:56 PM
    so you would still have to download from the beta OS links? The instructions with all of them look so confusing I dont want to take the chance and mess my phone up, I just want to be able to do a simple update :-( Im guessing that means I have to wait for the official release for that?
    There is a sticky in the OS forum that tells you exactly how to update. It is really quite simple, just read the link that explains it in steps. Unfortunately, because 5.0 is unofficial you cannot simply hit update. However, basically all you need to do in general is download the OS file, and load it from apploader.
    10-08-09 10:57 PM
    PM sent if you would like help.
    10-08-09 10:59 PM
    There is a sticky in the OS forum that tells you exactly how to update. It is really quite simple, just read the link that explains it in steps. Unfortunately, because 5.0 is unofficial you cannot simply hit update. However, basically all you need to do in general is download the OS file, and load it from apploader.
    You will also need to delete or rename Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader/vendor.xml
    10-09-09 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD