i took out the memory card and put it in my pc and it wont like pick it up. i've put it in my computer before to put music and stuff on it. but i wanted to delete some stuff on it and if i do it thru my fone it takes too long going thru everything but nothing happens when i plug it into my pc, yet my tour can read it
    05-01-10 11:22 PM
    try it on a different pc to see if it's your computer or the card. if it's the card you could try formatting it - hopefully you have the files backed up somewhere.
    05-01-10 11:54 PM
    First off, DON'T FORMAT the card like ragnarokx said, because that will delete everything off the card!

Second, you DO NOT need to take the card out of your phone at all! You can browse/add/delete files on the memory card while it's IN your phone the same way as you could with it out.

You accomplish this by enabling "Mass Storage Mode" on your Tour.

Navigate to Options>Memory> then make sure "Mass Storage Mode Support" is "on"

Mark "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected" as "Prompt"

Then, next time you plug your phone into your computer it will prompt you to turn on Mass Storage Mode if you want. You will then be able to browse your memory card the same way as if you were to plug it into you computer by itself. A million times easier than going through Desktop Manager/Roxio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by abboder; 05-02-10 at 12:20 AM.
    05-02-10 12:14 AM
    it just pulls my phone up as a 'mtp media device'
    05-02-10 01:50 AM
    First off, DON'T FORMAT the card like ragnarokx said, because that will delete everything off the card!

Second, you DO NOT need to take the card out of your phone at all! You can browse/add/delete files on the memory card while it's IN your phone the same way as you could with it out.

You accomplish this by enabling "Mass Storage Mode" on your Tour.

Navigate to Options>Memory> then make sure "Mass Storage Mode Support" is "on"

Mark "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected" as "Prompt"

Then, next time you plug your phone into your computer it will prompt you to turn on Mass Storage Mode if you want. You will then be able to browse your memory card the same way as if you were to plug it into you computer by itself. A million times easier than going through Desktop Manager/Roxio.

Passionate about media cards much? I did mention file backup.
    05-02-10 01:54 AM
    Hmmm. I don't have Mass Storage Mode enabled on my Tour, yet I'm able to browse and add/delete files on my memory card while it is still in my Tour directly from my pc. It shows up in My Computer as BlackBerry 9630 as a removable storage device.
    05-02-10 02:04 AM
    This short thread shows that the SD card behaves differently in different Tours or in the way they show up when connected to a computer. It appears that the Tour in some cases shows up like my "creative zen" - as a separate device (mtp media device) and not as a disk drive. Whereas in other cases it shows up as a drive (which is what my Tour does - as Drive M.

I wonder if the difference is in the version of Windows (mac?) or maybe the version of Desktop manager (Roxio installed or not?).

A separate card reader might be the way to go although futzing with that tiny card can be an issue - Verizon sells a keychain sized usb device that accepts the card directly if you don't have an adapter to make it physically a larger size.

Formatting should be the last resort. I'd suggest finding a friend/relative and try the Tour in their computer and see if that shows the sd card and its files.

good luck
    05-02-10 08:44 AM
    I wonder if the difference is in the version of Windows (mac?) or maybe the version of Desktop manager (Roxio installed or not?).
    Just for reference, I have Windows Vista, no Roxio installed and the latest DM, however my bb shows up in My Computer as "BlackBerry 9630" even if DM isn't open.

Also, Mass Media Storage on the bb is disabled.

05-02-10 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD