Hello Crackberry fans!

My third Tour just went all 552 on me. After a re-load of the Verizon Issue OS, I was able to recover my data back to 10/30/09 when I did my last system back-up. Not too bad for the calendar and my contacts. I am frustratingly re-installing my third party apps as I type this. I do have a couple of questions:

1. How can I do a complete system back-up that includes all of my third party apps? I do use Google Sync and SmrtGrd, but neither gets everything. If my review of this forum is correct, then I think I better be ready for lots of 552 errors.

2. Should I push for a Storm2 replacement if this happens again? I do like the keyboard, but having a Tour brick every 2 months stinks.

Thanks to all for any feedback!
    11-16-09 11:40 PM
    I have an early model Tour with some quirks, but it has never shown a 552 error. If you have had three with the same problem, you need to check to see if you are getting replacement phones from the same defective manufacturing lot, or if there is something else common to all three that is causing the problem.

There is a procedure in the How To and FAQ Forum that describes how to backup 3rd party apps. It is separate from the data backup procedure that you have been using.
    11-16-09 11:45 PM
    Unfortunately the 552 error is very common on Tours running OS 4.7. I got it three times and finally switched to 5.0. No problem since.

Here is the thread about backing up 3rd party apps http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    11-17-09 09:09 AM
    I'm running the original 4.7.1.40 and haven't seen a 552 error so far. I'm glad OS 5.0 fixed it for you. Mine lags much more than I'd like, and the trackball response is very annoying, but I haven't had any OS failures.
    11-17-09 09:14 AM
    I'm running the original 4.7.1.40 and haven't seen a 552 error so far. I'm glad OS 5.0 fixed it for you. Mine lags much more than I'd like, and the trackball response is very annoying, but I haven't had any OS failures.
    You're one of the lucky ones then. So many people have gotten the 552 error with 4.7 it's not even funny. It mainly happens after downloading an app then doing a battery pull. The main reason I finally dumped 4.7 is because so many people on these forums reported that after switching to 5.0 and having it for a while that there are no more 552 errors.
    11-17-09 09:24 AM
    You're one of the lucky ones then. So many people have gotten the 552 error with 4.7 it's not even funny. It mainly happens after downloading an app then doing a battery pull. The main reason I finally dumped 4.7 is because so many people on these forums reported that after switching to 5.0 and having it for a while that there are no more 552 errors.
    It's probably been a month since I've done a battery pull. I usually just Alt-R.Shift-Del to reboot. Obviously if the device is locked up that won't work. It's interesting that 552 isn't in C-X's list of OS error codes. That suggests it's new to the Tour.
    11-17-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD