My Moto Q was filled with bugs and battery issues so I just made to switch to the Crackberry Tour which I got yesterday.

Somehow I was able to add a few POP3 accounts (even though now I can't get through the setup -- see #2 below)

1 - I added a few POP3 email accounts and there seems to be a long delay (10 + minutes) from the time that I get the message to when it appears on the tour. In my old phone, I could set it to pull messages every xxx minutes so I just entered 1 so it would be pretty up to date. How can I do this with the tour?

2 - I have an email account at work and on the Moto Q I filled out my domain name, email address, password and whether I wanted to synch contacts, email, calendar, task. I chose email and calendar only.

Anyway, when I go into the setup wizard on the tour I have the option to either 'create or add an email address' or 'work email with Blackberry Enterprse Server'. Next screen says 'After you click next the Blackberry Internet Service setup open......' When I click next, there is a very quick screen (less than a second) that opens and closes and then I am brought to the Bluetooth technology setup. It doesn't allow me to continue on the email setup.

I am able to access my existing account with Setup | Email Settings. From this screen I can add a new account which is where I entered [email protected] and my password. My emails seem to be delivered to my Blackberry but it has a long delay and when I open an item on my Blackberry it is NOT opened on my exchange server. Again, when I opened a work email on my Moto Q, it appeared as open on the exchange server. I could also add calendar event on either my server or my Moto Q and it would synchronize immediately.

Sorry for the long post - I'm still new to Crackberry's. Thank you
    07-15-09 02:45 PM
    My Moto Q was filled with bugs and battery issues so I just made to switch to the Crackberry Tour which I got yesterday.

Somehow I was able to add a few POP3 accounts (even though now I can't get through the setup -- see #2 below)

1 - I added a few POP3 email accounts and there seems to be a long delay (10 + minutes) from the time that I get the message to when it appears on the tour. In my old phone, I could set it to pull messages every xxx minutes so I just entered 1 so it would be pretty up to date. How can I do this with the tour?

2 - I have an email account at work and on the Moto Q I filled out my domain name, email address, password and whether I wanted to synch contacts, email, calendar, task. I chose email and calendar only.

Anyway, when I go into the setup wizard on the tour I have the option to either 'create or add an email address' or 'work email with Blackberry Enterprse Server'. Next screen says 'After you click next the Blackberry Internet Service setup open......' When I click next, there is a very quick screen (less than a second) that opens and closes and then I am brought to the Bluetooth technology setup. It doesn't allow me to continue on the email setup.

I am able to access my existing account with Setup | Email Settings. From this screen I can add a new account which is where I entered [email protected] and my password. My emails seem to be delivered to my Blackberry but it has a long delay and when I open an item on my Blackberry it is NOT opened on my exchange server. Again, when I opened a work email on my Moto Q, it appeared as open on the exchange server. I could also add calendar event on either my server or my Moto Q and it would synchronize immediately.

Sorry for the long post - I'm still new to Crackberry's. Thank you
    So what's your question?
    07-15-09 03:16 PM
    1 - How do I set the time interval for the Blackberry to check for emails on my POP3 account?

2 - Why can't I get through the setup wizard in email setup? It takes me directly to the Bluetooth screen.

Forget the other stuff - we don't have Blackberry Enterprise on our exchange server.
    07-15-09 03:54 PM
    You wont need to set a time interval, it will automatically push the email to the decive.... Sometimes you will actually get it before the computer!

if you go into the setup folder and email setup you can easily setup a pop-3 email in there
    07-15-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD