I just sent some ringtones to my tour and all of a sudden for no reason at all, whenever I close the Camera, one of the ringtones I sent starts to play? Why the h*ll is it doing this??
    05-29-10 11:57 AM
    Do a Battery Pull with the device turned on.
    05-29-10 12:09 PM
    Let me guess, Verizon OS 5.0.0.591?
    05-29-10 12:35 PM
    A battery pull should temporarily help.

Sounds like you have VZW's wonderful official OS ( .591). Ditch it in favor of 5.0.0.419, .484, .643, or a hybrid. I've personally used .419 and am using .643 currently (and I'm on VZW). There's no good reason to be stuck with a crappy OS.

Here are the steps I recommend taking to upgrade/downgrade your BB's OS.

Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it). Close Desktop Manager when you're done making your backups as you won't need it again until later.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all the OS's on the computer. (If you haven't ever installed an OS on the computer, this is unnecessary.) Download and install the OS you want to downgrade/upgrade to. After making sure you have made your backups as mentioned above, you are now ready to use jl_cmder or BBSAK to wipe your device. When the device has been wiped, you will see a white screen with a 507 reload software error. Do not panic, as this is what is supposed to happen.

Navigate to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. Now that you have deleted "vendor.xml" you can click "loader.exe" which will proceed to load the OS you have chosen onto your device.

When the apploader is finished, your new OS should be loaded. You will now have to restore the data/apps you backed up earlier using DM and BBSAK respectively.

Enjoy your new OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 01:23 PM
    A battery pull should temporarily help.

Sounds like you have VZW's wonderful official OS ( .591). Ditch it in favor of 5.0.0.419, .484, .643, or a hybrid. I've personally used .419 and am using .643 currently (and I'm on VZW). There's no good reason to be stuck with a crappy OS.

Here are the steps I recommend taking to upgrade/downgrade your BB's OS.

Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it). Close Desktop Manager when you're done making your backups as you won't need it again until later.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all the OS's on the computer. (If you haven't ever installed an OS on the computer, this is unnecessary.) Download and install the OS you want to downgrade/upgrade to. After making sure you have made your backups as mentioned above, you are now ready to use jl_cmder or BBSAK to wipe your device. When the device has been wiped, you will see a white screen with a 507 reload software error. Do not panic, as this is what is supposed to happen.

Navigate to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. Now that you have deleted "vendor.xml" you can click "loader.exe" which will proceed to load the OS you have chosen onto your device.

When the apploader is finished, your new OS should be loaded. You will now have to restore the data/apps you backed up earlier using DM and BBSAK respectively.

Enjoy your new OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just to add.... I have 5.0.0.662 installed for about a week so far. VERY happy with it. Browser click issue is virtually non-existant. Haven't had any inappropriate sounds play, battery (have a Seidio extended battery that lasts 36 hours +) and signal are holding well.

Here's the link for .662, if anyone else has been looking. Remember to remove the Vendor.xml file after install.
    5.0.0.662 for BB Tour 9630
    05-30-10 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD