I am new to the Tour and LOVE it!!! I am obsessed with closing apps as soon as I am finished with them because I do not want too much open.

1) How can I tell which apps are open??

2) Is me opening and closing apps using up more juice than just leaving them open for a few hours??

Thanks,
    Kim
    09-05-09 03:32 PM
    Hey

1. Hold down the blackberry button for a few seconds and a little screen should pop up with all of the open programs. Programs that are always open are bb messenger, phone, home screen, browser, and messages. You can still close out of them but they won't leave that little screen.
    2. I doubt it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 03:41 PM
    I am new to the Tour and LOVE it!!! I am obsessed with closing apps as soon as I am finished with them because I do not want too much open.

1) How can I tell which apps are open??

2) Is me opening and closing apps using up more juice than just leaving them open for a few hours??

Thanks,
    Kim
    1. Hold down BB menu key and you will see a pop-up that will show you what's still open, select that and tap BB key scroll down to CLOSE. (remember you will always have BBM, Browser, phone, messages,home and Visual Voice Mail always running, no problem there)
    2. NO you are not using more battery power by closing them often, in fact you are saving battery power AND memory !!
    enjoy your new Tour and welcome aboard.
    09-05-09 03:42 PM
    If they don't have vvm setup it should not appear in the bb launcher. Just fyi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 03:49 PM
    1. (remember you will always have BBM, Browser, phone, messages,home and Visual Voice Mail always running, no problem there)
    This is wrong - you don't have to keep VVM running for it to work. I close out of it all the time (the only programs that always show up in my App Switcher are BBM, Browser, Phone, Messages, Home and BerryWeather) and my VVM continues to update perfectly on its own. So OP - if you subscribe to VVM, you should properly close that app when you're done with it, just like everything else.
    09-05-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD