I tried searching for a thread that answered this question so if one already exists I'm a moron and I apologize for asking this.

I just got my first Blackberry today and so far I love it. There is one minor problem though. Since I bought it at the Verizon store they unboxed it and handled it with their greasy hands. As of now there are some fingerprints and dust accumulation already on the screen and the shiny surface of the phone. I bought a clear screen protector but I don't want to put it on without cleaning off the dust first. Can someone please tell me how to clean off the fingerprints and the dust on the screen without scratching the surface or making it worse. Any help would be appreciated. I'm just so paranoid because I love this phone and I want to keep it as clean as possible.
    Last edited by zerosum0101; 07-20-09 at 05:17 PM.
    07-20-09 05:07 PM
    I tried searching for a thread that answered this question so if one already exists I'm a moron and I apologize for asking this.

I just got my first Blackberry today and so far I love it. There is one minor problem though. Since I bought it at the Verizon store they unboxed it and handled it with their greasy hands. As of now there are some fingerprints and dust accumulation already on the screen and the shiny surface of the phone. I bought a clear screen protector but I don't want to put it on without cleaning off the dust first. Can someone please tell me how to clean off the fingerprints and the dust on the screen without scratching the surface or making it worse. Any help would be appreciated. I'm just so paranoid because I love this phone and I want to keep it as clean as possible.
    a microfiber cloth if you have one or those cleaning cloths that come with sunglass work wonders.
    07-20-09 05:27 PM
    got myself a costco size pack of wipe'n clear.
    works like a charm and cheap too.
    can clean practically everyday for a bunch of months.
    07-20-09 05:40 PM
    alchohol prep pads work great. disinfect the phone as well.
    07-20-09 05:59 PM
    a microfiber cloth if you have one or those cleaning cloths that come with sunglass work wonders.
    The microfiber cloth worked like a charm. Thank you. And thanks to all the other suggestions. I'm so paranoid with this new phone lol.
    07-20-09 07:25 PM
    Everytime I buy a new phone I give the reps h*ll for putting their fingers all over my phone. I watch em like a hawk and make them clean it thoroughly
    07-20-09 08:25 PM
    When I owned my store, I had the manager of the Mobil station down the road order me a box of their wet-wipes. They work wonders and smell great!
    07-23-09 10:27 AM
    where did you get the clear screen protector?
    07-23-09 10:31 AM
    This is why I always buy online! I want to unbox my own phone without someone else rubbing their hands all over it! I guess you could it an OCD issue, but I don't care.
    07-23-09 10:33 AM
    Clean/disinfect with alcohol prep pads, then use a couple Kim wipes after the alcohol has dried and evaporated!
    07-23-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD