Ok... On the Curve, it was pretty simple to take the ring out and clean the trackball. Now with this Tour, is the only way to clean the trackball is to fully take the phone apart?
    I haven't really had any issues with it yet, it if it starts to get stuck due to getting dirty, oily, etc., what the easiest way to clean it out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 12:47 PM
    Rubbing alchohol

09-06-09 12:51 PM
    Don't rubb alcohol with the trackball on the phone because it can get inside the circuit board and mess up the phone...just take the phone apart is not as tough as it looks trust me...
    09-06-09 12:53 PM
    Don't rubb alcohol with the trackball on the phone because it can get inside the circuit board and mess up the phone...just take the phone apart is not as tough as it looks trust me...
    I don't think he's going to dip the device in a bowl of alchohol : )

It is advisable to clean the trackball with alchohol prep pads or on a small piece of paper towel.

09-06-09 01:03 PM
    my trackball hasnt given me problems until today. i dont get it, its real laggy and non responsive all of a sudden
    09-06-09 01:05 PM
    I clean mine once a week with a Alcohol Pad. Works great! Verizon also recomends a Alcohol pad to clean the trackball as there the ones that told me by phone what to use.
    09-06-09 01:10 PM
    DO NOT listen to this guys advice. Taking your phone apart voids your warrenty. I can't believe someone would say to take your phone apart just to ruin your warrenty.
    09-06-09 01:11 PM
    My verizon store will replace trackballs for free. May check your carrier

09-06-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD