I broke the port twice in my old 8830...the port feels kinda loose in my new tour. Sometimes I have to jiggle it so the computer knows it is plugged in.

pulling the charging cord and usb cable out is not seamless. Requires some force.

any suggestions to keep the integrity of the port? I dont want to have to get a crappy refurbished phone from asurian if the port breaks in a couple weeks.
    07-17-09 11:42 AM
    Keep your fingers crossed for a cradle to be available soon.

Then never use your port for charging.
    07-17-09 11:43 AM
    Factory warranty. Get it swapped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 11:43 AM
    wow dude I dont mean to sound like a **** or anything but what are you doing when charging your phone? 3rd time now and you are having trouble with that port? USB are pretty reliable compared to the old LG pins or whatnot. Maybe you should be a little more gentle when putting in and especially when pulling out and not to YANK on it. I dont think you have bad luck, you are just being too rough on your phone.
    07-17-09 11:44 AM
    That's why I am hoping they get the charging docks in so that they are readily available for purchase. The charging docks use the contacts on the back of the phone for charging, so your micro usb port will last longer (theoretically).
    07-17-09 11:45 AM
    agree, but unlike the 8830 the tour doesnt have the metal charging prongs. Also you cant transfer data via a cradle unless the usb cord is plugged in. Then im back the where i started.

wish there was some insurance on that stupid port
    07-17-09 11:45 AM
    agree, but unlike the 8830 the tour doesnt have the metal charging prongs. Also you cant transfer data via a cradle unless the usb cord is plugged in. Then im back the where i started.

wish there was some insurance on that stupid port
    What? The Tour most definitely has the charging contacts on the back of the phone. It's the 8830 that doesn't have the charging contacts.

Also, you don't need to plug anything into the usb port on an OEM charging dock/cradle to charge the phone.
    07-17-09 11:49 AM
    im being as delicate as possible. maybe subconsciously im thinking its getting loose. The location of the port doesnt help. FML
    07-17-09 11:52 AM
    im being as delicate as possible. maybe subconsciously im thinking its getting loose. The location of the port doesnt help. FML
    OCD perhaps?
    07-17-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD