Hey guys,

I'm going to pick up my 9630 today. I was just wondering what's the best way to charge the phone for the first time to gain long battery life. I know some phones require you to overcharge the battery at first, but I just wanted to run it through you guys to make sure nothing bad happens. Thanks
    07-27-09 09:24 AM
    Hey guys,

I'm going to pick up my 9630 today. I was just wondering what's the best way to charge the phone for the first time to gain long battery life. I know some phones require you to overcharge the battery at first, but I just wanted to run it through you guys to make sure nothing bad happens. Thanks
    These types of batteries have no memory and you can't overcharge them so no worries.
    07-27-09 09:25 AM
    Plug it in? :P Every blackberry I've had I used immediately and charged on car charger on the way home and then put it on the wall charger while I played with it.. The new batteries are better than ones years ago.
    There are a lot of lengthy, detailed threads on this, but the short version is just charge the phone as often as you'd like.

Its bad for the battery to drain down to nothing, so just feel free to charge whenever. The newer batteries do not overcharge and don't require to be broken in.
    like you have been told there is no memory in these batteries.
    but to sustain long battery life check network make sure its on xlev not global and if you are not using gps turn to 911 0nly both will save big battery life
    07-27-09 09:33 AM
    The battery life seems AWFUL on the tour. Now on my second battery with the phone. I really love it but can't seem to get too far from a charger. Only call, do use internet and text very little. Anyone having rapid battery drain as well? Thanks, Samstone
    07-31-09 11:43 AM
    The battery life seems AWFUL on the tour. Now on my second battery with the phone. I really love it but can't seem to get too far from a charger. Only call, do use internet and text very little. Anyone having rapid battery drain as well? Thanks, Samstone
    I'm also experiencing terrible battery life. It's the one problem I have with the phone. I'm on my second battery as well and still the same problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD