Has anyone experienced that when you are on a phone call and charging at the same time ---that after about 5- 10 minutes- if ur still talking on the phone that it STOPS charging????

i have the regular wall travel charger that it came with ...

anyone with this problem?

thanks
    08-12-09 10:28 PM
    Might have something to do with the heat sensor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 10:57 PM
    what do you mean by the heat sensor?
    08-12-09 11:44 PM
    I'd assume there is a temperature sensor that would stop charging the battery when the internal temperature reached a certain level. The heat caused by charging the battery combined with the heat caused by being on the phone (the transmitter) may have triggered something internally to tell your battery to stop charging to help cut down on generated heat.

Do you recall if the device was becoming hot when the charging indicator went off?

08-12-09 11:50 PM
    yes i believe it was hot at the time...

im just so used to be able to talk on the phone and charge at the same time...... weird

i ordered a pod on amazon and i hope when it gets here it wont do the same.
    08-12-09 11:57 PM
    I'd assume there is a temperature sensor that would stop charging the battery when the internal temperature reached a certain level. The heat caused by charging the battery combined with the heat caused by being on the phone (the transmitter) may have triggered something internally to tell your battery to stop charging to help cut down on generated heat.

Do you recall if the device was becoming hot when the charging indicator went off?

when the BB gets hotter than 102 degrees charging stops. I have BerryMeter and when it is 103 or hotter it does not charge. I will hold my TOUR to the AC in the car and soon as it drops to that magical 102 it starts charging.
    08-25-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD