When I charge my phone should I wait until my phone is almost dead (when the battery bar is red)? When I didn't have a blackberry I used to wait until my phone was completely dead and then charge it until it fully charged.

Do I still need to do this with by blackberry to maximize my battery life?

Also is it bad if you charge it from your computer?
    04-01-10 12:46 AM
    no, the battery's used in blackberrys don't need to be "programed" like that. and as far as charging from the computer it has never made an impact on my battery life, just a lil bit slower charge time
    04-01-10 01:01 AM
    I dont know if the batteries are the same, Im assuming the make is, I had an iPhone, and was told to charge as needed, and once a month, let it die completely, than charge it back up full. I dont know if it did anything ( probably not ) but my battery was good -- as far as iPhones go.
    04-01-10 01:16 AM
    Absolutely DO NOT make deep discharging a habit. BlackBerrys like power, and deep discharging can lead to spontaneous shutdown, reboots, difficulty charging, radio shutting off, and premature battery failure. The old batteries were often Ni-Cd, the BlackBerry battery is Lithium-Ion, a totally different design, and not prone to 'memory' issues like Ni-cd.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 01:43 AM
    I usually charge through usb and the battery life seems about the same. As said above the batteries are completely different from the older phones and don't require the full discharge.
    04-01-10 02:37 AM
    Okay, so I shouldn't let my battery bar get down to red then. Thank you for the help.
    04-01-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD