I received my Tour last week Wednesday. My trackball started sticking yesterday and I have sporadic issues with people not being able to hear me on my BT in my car.

I called vzw support today to see what could be done about the sticking trackball. I have tried the suggestion here in the forum about rolling it around a lot to unstick it with no luck.

I could not believe what I was told! I was told to call my car manufacturer about my bluetooth issues! Umm ok, but it happens with my headset too...

I was switched to BB tech support for the trackball. The CSR told me to roll it around to unstick it. I said i had already tried that. and I did point out I have had the device 6 days. He said, we can send you a replacement, but if we cannot duplicate the issue here, we will charge you full retail for the replacement.!?!?!? huh? I've paid for a phone, granted with ne2 and other discounts, and it has a sporadic problem and you will give me a new one but if you cannot duplicate the sporadic problem i have to pay full retail for the replacement???

I have never heard of this with any of the 3 curves i had to replace. He asked where i wanted the phone shipped and I said don't send me one...I am well within my 30 day return period and I can just return the phone. Not sure if i will take another Tour or go back to my Curve until the BT issues are worked out with the Tour.

Has anyone heard of this policy before?
    07-28-09 03:11 PM
    Negative. You can replace at will for 30 days regardless of the problem, duplicated or not. If they tell you any different, get their full name and employee ID number and speak with a supervisor.
    07-28-09 03:13 PM
    That's what i told the guy on the phone...I am well within my 30 days and I can just return the phone. But that seems rather silly to do, to reverse the charges on my bill, when they can just send me a replacement as they have int he past.
    07-28-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD