Pretty happy as I just got my Tour switching from an 8130 Pearl. Stupid question, but does anybody know how to change the "my number" in the phone menu. I just switched from Verizon over to Sprint to save some money and had my old number ported over. Everything is working fine, but the number still shows up as the temporary one sent to me in the phone menu. Thanks in advance!
    01-05-10 02:08 AM
    Do you mean the number that appears as "my number" when you make a call? If so, do the following:
    1. Go to your phone function.
    2. Dial ##000000
    3. In the screen that shows, change the Mobile Directory Number to your number.
    4. Change the IMSI_S to your number as well.
    5. Press the BB button to bring up the menu.
    6. Click "Save" and device will reboot.

Your number should be updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 04:46 AM
    by ##000000 He means replace the 0's with your MSL code. Otherwise you'll get an incorrect password message.
    There are a few ways to get your msl code, sometimes a call to tech support or going to a store and sweet talking an employee works or you can google how to find it.
    01-05-10 08:40 AM
    by ##000000 He means replace the 0's with your MSL code. Otherwise you'll get an incorrect password message.
    There are a few ways to get your msl code, sometimes a call to tech support or going to a store and sweet talking an employee works or you can google how to find it.
    Actually his post was accurate. All Verizon MSL codes are 000000.
    01-05-10 09:55 AM
    Actually his post was accurate. All Verizon MSL codes are 000000.
    I failed to note that the thread starter's carrier is Sprint. Not sure if the code works on Sprint handsets. Works for Verizon though.
    01-05-10 10:45 AM
    I failed to note that the thread starter's carrier is Sprint. Not sure if the code works on Sprint handsets. Works for Verizon though.
    That's what I tried last night and it didn't work for Sprint phones. It said that the ##000000 is an invalid password. Is there a different MSL# for Sprint?

I've already tried going through options -> advanced options - > sim card - > edit sim phone number and added my ported number which did not correct the problem.

Do I need to have the sim card reset or something? If so do I just need to contact Sprint?
    01-05-10 01:49 PM
    If all else fails, press the Green phone button > BB button > Options > General Options > Scroll to "Show My Number" > No > BB button > Save.
    01-05-10 03:08 PM
    Fixed! Called Sprint and they gave me the correct MSL#. Thanks everyone for your help.
    01-05-10 03:41 PM
    Fixed! Called Sprint and they gave me the correct MSL#. Thanks everyone for your help.
    I just bought a Sprint Tour and have the same situation (I'm on T-Mobile). Will Sprint give me the MSL # if I'm not a customer? What info did you have to provide - ESN, MEID, etc.? Do you think they will give the code to the former owner?
    01-05-10 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD