after installing the .57 update to the computer, i plugged the phone into DM, hit application loader, it began to detect what was on the phone and then it reset the phone. then the phone continued to reset every 20 seconds until i unplugged it. has anyone seen this problem before? ive had this problem with every tour ive had everytime ive tried to update/reinstall the os

it is properly installed on DM (i checked via help) and when i plug the phone and it checks for updates, it finds nothing
    now it is able to scan thorugh it in the DM apploader thorugh the update sofwatre, but it finds no update available. has anyone experienced this before or have any ideas or need any more information from me? i have th elatest version of DM also
    i found that the vendor files were somehow recreated and i deleted them. this time it found the .57 update in apploader but when i selected it and went to the next screen, it said there were no available updates to install to your phone. i do have the .40 version only (verizon) on my phone, so im not sure why this is coming up
    I finally got it to see the upodate but when I went to update the phone it went back to the constant resetting and then then said an unexpected error has occured. This was through the apploader
    again, i got the constant reloading and reloading when it tried to update and then it said a fatal error has occured. this was after i wiped it hoping that would help. has anyone else had this problem? id really appreciate any help. thanks!
    10-24-09 07:11 AM
    anyone? ive tried everything; its not plugged into a hub its direct into the computer, ive tried loading apploader w/ /nojvm but that didnt help either
    10-24-09 10:17 AM
    i would try using the apploaded from the file directly. i never use the desktop software for upgrades. and i never do upgrades. too many problems and bugs.

JL commander program to wipeout the phone. then go to the folder directly and click on the apploader.

you also might check your pc. <control panel, add/remove probrams.> see how many device programs you got installed. pertaining to the blackberry phone. NOT the desktop manager. remover those first, THEN install the file you want to load on phone. on the pc first, then hit the apploader icon in that folder
    10-24-09 03:56 PM
    i would try using the apploaded from the file directly. i never use the desktop software for upgrades. and i never do upgrades. too many problems and bugs.

JL commander program to wipeout the phone. then go to the folder directly and click on the apploader.

you also might check your pc. <control panel, add/remove probrams.> see how many device programs you got installed. pertaining to the blackberry phone. NOT the desktop manager. remover those first, THEN install the file you want to load on phone. on the pc first, then hit the apploader icon in that folder

to each is own however you may be at security risk to not upgrade to latest approved os' just thought I would throw that out there. happy crackberrying
    10-24-09 04:03 PM
    Have you tried wiping the device with BBSak and using the Load OS command from there after reinstalling the OS and deleting the vendor.xml file?
    10-24-09 04:11 PM
    Have you tried wiping the device with BBSak and using the Load OS command from there after reinstalling the OS and deleting the vendor.xml file?
    You hit the nail on the head. The OP is with VZW and .57 is not an approved OS the the VZW Tour.
    10-24-09 04:14 PM
    You hit the nail on the head. The OP is with VZW and .57 is not an approved OS the the VZW Tour.
    yes, figured many people just think 9630 OS will work on ALL 9630 devices, but we all know its never that easy!
    10-24-09 04:15 PM
    tried apploader and that never work.. what did you mean to use apploader from 'the file'? i also wont use bsak bc the last time i tried jlcommander to wipe the phone it couldnt connect and i finally got it to connect and stop resetting and then i wiped it then the os wouldbt install with apploader or dm i had the same problem i have now with the resetting. and that was a different phone
    10-24-09 08:13 PM
    tried apploader and that never work.. what did you mean to use apploader from 'the file'? i also wont use bsak bc the last time i tried jlcommander to wipe the phone it couldnt connect and i finally got it to connect and stop resetting and then i wiped it then the os wouldbt install with apploader or dm i had the same problem i have now with the resetting. and that was a different phone
    BBSAK is different. Yes it will not see the device right away, did the same for me when .53 bricked my device. The file is the vendor.xml file. I beleive it is located in program files>Research In Motion folder.
    10-24-09 08:22 PM
    When I first upgraded using BBSAK I had problems getting it to connect also. I found that I had to upgrade my .NET framework and that solved everything for me - it's worth a try! BBSAK worked like a charm for me after that and the installation went really smoothly.
    10-24-09 08:24 PM
    if you have issues connecting thru bbsak, use the kill process button a few times and it should connect.
    10-24-09 08:25 PM
    just found out about a program called crackmem. it will brick your phone AND load it back it up.

the apploader file is located in c:/programfiles/common files/research in mottion file/apploader file.

i delete allthe files from that folder. and uninstall the program from pc. then installed the new software on pc.

i fail to see the security risk. it's all the same software regardless of upgrades or clean installs. i always have bugs on upgrades. never on clean installes.

i don't upgrade my pc. why would i upgrade my phone.
    10-29-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD