I can see where the mic is on the bottom of the phone and I don't think my fingers are covering it, but every time I switch from my right to left hand people start replying "what..I cant hear you". Just curious if anyone else noticed this? It never was an issue on my 8330.
    07-14-09 08:05 PM
    Is that like a joke or something???
    07-14-09 08:05 PM
    No joke! It happened each time I called the office today.
    07-14-09 08:08 PM
    Weird... I dont even see how thats possible...
    07-14-09 08:11 PM
    I'm left handed and hold my phone in my left hand and people keep telling me my voice is muffled and hard to hear.

When I hold it in my right hand it's fine.
    07-14-09 08:14 PM
    I haven't that problem. I am left handed and hold my phone in my left hand...I've had no complaints.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 08:16 PM
    I'm left handed and hold my phone in my left hand and people keep telling me my voice is muffled and hard to hear.

When I hold it in my right hand it's fine.
    Maybe it's the way you are holding the phone? But you are using a storm and that phone is sensitive based on the way it's being held...

But for the tour... that just sounds weird...
    07-14-09 08:16 PM
    maybe the microphone is directional and when its in your left hand its getting something else?

07-14-09 08:17 PM
    Turn your lips towards the phone more.

Anyone doing it now?

07-14-09 08:22 PM
    Well the storm and the tour both have similar locations for their microphones.

The storm used to have this problem until a few leaked OS's came out and it was fixed.

I'm guessing it's the same for the tour. I could be wrong though. I have to hold the phone right over my mouth for my words to come in clearly.
    07-14-09 08:24 PM
    When you switch to your left hand are you using the right to stuff your face with food?
    07-14-09 08:27 PM
    I just held mine up and the way I hold the phone I kind of cup the bottom of it in my palm. Its kind of hard to explain but I can see the microphone and its not covered but is also not directly exposed either. When I hold it in my right hand I hold it the same way but the microphone is towards my fingers and does not have the same problem.
    07-14-09 08:34 PM
    When you switch to your left hand are you using the right to stuff your face with food?
    Yes that's exactly what I'm doing. Problem solved
    07-14-09 08:39 PM
    I just looked in the mirror (thanks for the idea). In my right hand my palm is covering the bottom of the phone under the sym key. Now when I switch hands my left palm is under the 0 key. I had no idea I was doing this until I looked. I should be able to modify the way I hold the phone to get around this but it is becoming clear that I am not alone in this issue.

07-14-09 09:03 PM
    Nope, you are NOT alone. My mom commented on it several times when I was speaking with her today... She could tell EVERY time I shifted to the right hand, and I made sure to keep my hands totally clear of the bottom where the mic is.

I have a silicone cover on it and am wondering if that is making the difference? Never had this trouble on my pearl.

If anyone comes up with ideas, I'm all ears (left one, of course!)

07-15-09 01:45 PM
    you must be inigo montoya
    07-15-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD