OK, maybe I am totally missing something here but I installed the Blackberry user tools to my computer, went through the whole synchronization portion (with my Outlook calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.) but am still not seeing that my Outlook e-mails and Blackberry are syncing. I must admit, this is my first Blackberry. I had a Palm before this (but not installed on this computer to sync). I am very confused and would love some help on how to get my e-mails on my phone! Thank you ahead of time!!
    07-20-09 11:55 AM
    For email you need to use the email set up wizard, which in in the folder with the green gear on it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 11:58 AM
    OK, I did that, thanks. I don't need to input my server (pop3) address or anything like that?
    07-20-09 12:04 PM
    When you opened your DM, click on the synchronize menu/icon, is Synchronize organizer data checked off?
    07-20-09 12:52 PM
    Yes it is. I actually am now receiving e-mails but from that have 2 more questions; as I mentioned, previously I had a palm and if I sent an e-mail from my phone it would show in the "sent" folder in my outlook on my computer. I was told by the verizon wireless guy that this is not the case with blackberry - is that true?? Second, I am getting e-mails to outlook on my computer and on my phone. When I open them on my phone they still appear as unopened on my blackberry. So will I have to go through and open all of my new e-mails in both places now???
    Sorry if these are dumb questions but I really would like to know Thanks!!
    07-20-09 01:51 PM
    OK, thanks. That seems like a very annoying feature - that I will have to go in and read and/or delete all those e-mails in the phone. Is there no feature or application (other than getting an IMAP server) that will help to alleviate this issue?
    07-20-09 02:21 PM
    OK, thanks. That seems like a very annoying feature - that I will have to go in and read and/or delete all those e-mails in the phone. Is there no feature or application (other than getting an IMAP server) that will help to alleviate this issue?
    I learned the hard way where I get about 20-30 emails a day to my home email in Outlook and of course if you use the same email address as home you will receive them on your BB as well.

The easiest thing i found since my email provider offers me more than one email box is to use an email just for your BB and give that out only to who you want to receive mail from on your BB... Problem solved...
    07-20-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD