I have had this problem on and off for the past 3 days. My blackberry has been going through periods of not allowing me to make or receive phone calls and I can't send or receive text messages. Browsing the web and sending and receiving e-mails seems to be working fine.

Yes I have been to "Manage Connections" and Mobile Network - Verizon Wireless is on.

Yes I have tried a battery pull. Took two for it to start working again, but it just went out again after working for about 30 minutes.

I have tried going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu Button - Register Now. That seemed to fix it for a day when it started happening 2 days ago but that does not seem to be working now.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?
    or does it sound like I'm gonna have to hand it back over to the Verizon Wireless people?

...Also, don't think its a problem with the service because every other phone in the house is working fine and I get 4/5 bars and it has been happening for the past few days.

Thanks for your help!
    --Charlie
    Last edited by crs992; 02-03-10 at 07:54 PM.
    02-03-10 07:52 PM
    Hey Charlie! It sounds like there is a Radio problem with your phone. Have you recently installed a new OS on the phone? If not - I would take it to the Verizon store and have them replace it for you. If the internet is working but voice/sms isn't - that truly sounds like a radion problem with the phone. Now, if sms worked and voice (calling) didn't that's another story. But since they both don't work, take it back to the store.

Sorry to hear it isn't working right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 05:40 AM
    No I have not installed a new OS. Looks like I will be taking it in! Haha

Thanks for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 12:28 PM
    yeah i say just take it back to the vzw store they will know whats up and should fix or will give a replacement if problem is not an easy fix
    02-05-10 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD