I have an old Tour that I decided to put on my line because my Evo isn't working and I need a phone until I can get it replaced. It does work with calling and text messages but for some reason I can't get the BIS on the Tour. It only runs on 1X and won't receive service books or register though the host routing table. I have no browser or anything just the basic features. I've reset it, wiped it and even spent like 3 hours on the phone with a Sprint technician who just ended up referring me to a repair center... I have the Everything Data 1500 family plan and every single line on it has a Blackberry besides mine until now. It is connected and running like I said but it won't connect to any of the actual BIS services even though I have them. I was considering the fact that this phone was previously unlocked and flashed to MetroPCS may have something to do with it not properly functioning but I'm not sure. Help is greatly appreciated.
    12-30-10 12:42 AM
    Since you had an EVO prior to using your Tour did you by chance switch to a BIS Data plan??
    12-30-10 12:43 AM
    No, I have unlimited data and BIS is included in the plan so nothing has changed. I had to pay the $10 premium data charge for the Evo though but that's it. :/
    12-30-10 12:46 AM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan (BIS). Data plans for other smartphones will not work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 12:52 AM
    BIS is included in my plan because out of my 5 lines 4 are originally BB's and we all use the same plan...
    12-30-10 01:02 AM
    BIS is included in my plan because out of my 5 lines 4 are originally BB's and we all use the same plan...
    When you got the Evo, you no longer had BIS on that line. You need to have Sprint provision your line for BIS, not an Evo data plan.

12-30-10 01:05 AM
    How can I do that?
    12-30-10 01:06 AM
    How can I do that?
    Call Sprint and tell them that you need BIS for your Tour instead of the Evo data plan.

andnad likes this.
    12-30-10 01:07 AM
    Will do, thank you. I'll tell you how that goes.
    12-30-10 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD