PLEASE HELP ME I BOUGHT AN UNLOCKED BLACKBERRY TOUR FOR SPRINT PUT MY AT&T SIM IN IT (WITH BB PLAN) AND THE BROWSER ICON ISNT THERE I TRIED REGISTERING IT , DIDNT WORK, TRIED BATTERY PULL, TRIED TO RESEND THE SERVICE BOOKS BUT ALWAYS HIT A WALL , THERE IS NO DESKTOP MANAGER 4.5 its only 6 AND I CANT GO INTO ADVANCED OPTIONS ITS NOT ON THE NEWEST VERSION, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS I NEED THE BROWSER SO BAD AND EMAIL ! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!! THANK YOU!

also i did the part of the service books tutorial where it says remove from list and now i get an error every time i reboot my blackberry =X
    03-06-11 04:05 PM
    Are you able to send and receive email, use bbm or other services that use data? Did you register the device on the AT&T network?
    03-06-11 04:16 PM
    AS well did you make sure to switch your mobile network connection to 2G?
    03-06-11 04:18 PM
    it says its on 3g & 2g and i can use bbm and texts and also send recieve calls just fine i have no email icon or browser
    03-06-11 04:21 PM
    also what do you mean register the device with at&t its for sprint how would i do that ?
    03-06-11 04:22 PM
    You would have to register it via the AT&T BIS site

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

You will also probably have to change the APN settings on the Tour
    DawgMan likes this.
    03-06-11 04:23 PM
    sorry to sound like a NUB but whats apn settings and change them to what?
    03-06-11 04:30 PM
    When ever you use an unlocked device on another carrier than the one it was previously locked to, you must register the device on the new carrier's network. Log in to your AT&T BIS account, connect the device, you will see that the device is recognized and will be prompted to move an existing email account or establish a new one. Once that is complete, go to the "Help" section and select send service books. You should receive a message that the service books were sent to the device. At that point, do a battery pull and once it completes the reboot, you should have a browser and email icon.
    03-06-11 04:31 PM
    man your the best, im at the part where i put the pin and imei numbers in and i did and it says cant be accessed through http browser use the browser on my phone?
    03-06-11 04:42 PM
    At that point you need to call your carrier and they can access and set it up on their end.
    03-06-11 04:45 PM
    ok so i called them and they took the imei number and i reset the phone and it still isnt there and they said they are not aloud to trouble shoot the phone because it is a sprint phone
    03-06-11 06:46 PM
    What you want to do is activate a native CDMA device on a GSM network. First off, realize that it will only work at "2G" EDGE speeds. The 3G radio on the Tour only works outside the US.

Since you already have the Blackberry data plan, you need to get the AT&T service books. There is a thread in the Storm forum that describes how to do this. It is a manual process. Search for that thread and it will take you step by step.
    03-07-11 02:30 PM
    i tried the storm process but only 1 problem in the tutorial it says go to backup and restore> advanced but that is on blackberry desktop manager 4.5 those settings arent on the new 6.0 and i cant find the 4.5 anywhere so im stuck on that step!
    03-07-11 08:04 PM
    i tried the storm process but only 1 problem in the tutorial it says go to backup and restore> advanced but that is on blackberry desktop manager 4.5 those settings arent on the new 6.0 and i cant find the 4.5 anywhere so im stuck on that step!
    Here's the link to DL desktop manager. 4.5 isn't available but 4.6 is and that should work for you. good luck

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-des...-now-available
    03-08-11 07:22 AM
    You can also go to this link at the Blackberry site. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

They have every DM version going back to 4.6
    03-08-11 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD