Just got used tour and loving it, but can't figure out 2 things that I would love to solve.
    1. how do I get rid of it asking me for a password.

2. how do I stop the alert sound every time I get an email.

Thanks
    10-22-10 01:19 PM
    Just got used tour and loving it, but can't figure out 2 things that I would love to solve.
    1. how do I get rid of it asking me for a password.

2. how do I stop the alert sound every time I get an email.

Thanks
    1. Options> Password > Disable

2. Edit your sound profiles and change the Email alert
    10-22-10 01:22 PM
    thanks, when i go to options>password this is nothing that says disable.
    10-22-10 02:05 PM
    thanks, when i go to options>password this is nothing that says disable.
    Options > Security Options > Password > Disable? I don't have OS5 on my Bold and I can't remember the exact path, but it should be along those lines.
    10-22-10 02:11 PM
    Do you mean the disable option is grayed out? If so, your used Tour came with a left-over IT Policy. You can remove it by this process created by Forums Moderator Pete6: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.
    10-22-10 02:44 PM
    When I go into the Password screen on my Tour, I see "Enabled" at the top right of my screen. You have to click on Enable to get the choice of Enabled or Disabled. If sabbaba is a true newbie, he may not realize that. Good luck.
    10-22-10 04:32 PM
    I appreciate all the help. This unit was wiped before I got it (supposedly).

chhare....where do I find the password screen? All I can find is password keeper. Sorry to be such a dummy, but I am way over my head here.
    10-22-10 06:41 PM
    JEFFH, thank you but you have no idea how scary that sounds. I will leave it like this until I meet some unsuspecting person with a tour and haunt them till they show me.
    10-22-10 06:59 PM
    When you go to Options / Password, do you see the word "enabled" with a small orange or red padlock icon beside the word? If you don't see a padlock icon, you don't need to run the IT Policy removal procedure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 08:43 PM
    Jeff, when I go to Options(the wrench) there is nothing there that says password. It says content compression, content protection, strength, etc.
    10-23-10 07:27 AM
    sabbaba it sounds like you are already in a diff menu screen under options. i still consider myself a newbie.. but try this - when you go to options (wrench) then the menu should read About, advanced optioins, applications, auto on/off, etc..and in that list youll see password.
    IF THATS NOT THE MENU YOU SEE - then try hitting the back key (the key to the right of the trackball thats the arrow) that will take you out of whatever "menu" you are in, and back to the "main" options menu. keep hitting that back key until it backs you all the way out to the main screen that lists what i put above. i have my phone in front of me and tried scrolling through the process to better be able to explain it to you, lol.
    10-23-10 07:46 AM
    ah! progress. That worked Jobosumm, except now that I am in the correct spot the "enabled is grayed out and has a padlock next to it so I guess that means I do need to run that IT Policy. I appreciate everyones help. This is a great group. I think I will just have to live with the password for a while as too non-techie to attempt that. Hate to say this, but my I-touch is so much easier. Wonder what the verizon version of Iphone will bring. Tempting thought.
    10-23-10 08:08 AM
    I'm glad that helped.. the thought of running that makes me cringe, lol. I too, am non-techie. Maybe someone here can walk you through it. or take it to a service center and ask them to do it? I've been scanning the forums all morning and it seems like there are so many issues with battery drain and signal (both of which im having) dropped calls lately.....and my tour is about 6 months old. Sprint service hasn't been helpful, but with a family plan, and two kids that both have new phones, switching carrier is not an optioin.. still, these problems are not enough to make me want to ditch my bberry altogether - yet - ..but then again do i want to use my upgrade for a bold - and poss have same issues? - or go with one of the samsung touchscreen/qwerty phones that will give me good service signal, no dropped calls, and keep a battery charge for a full day?? lol.. tempting is right......
    10-23-10 08:27 AM
    A friend of mine has the new samsung droid and loves it. Great screen, easy to use and lots of fun according to him.. As stated before I am new to BB. It serves my purpose for now, but ..............iphone on verizon sure may make a dent in the BB business. Wonder if they have site as great as this one. Love to just take everyone with me. LOL!. Take a serious look at the samsung and thank you again for your help.
    10-23-10 08:36 AM
    My son has the EVO (birthday gift for him) . he LOVES it. i've played with it - and while its FUN to play with, i dont think i can deal with a touchscreen and no physical keyboard. I'm not sure i'd like a touchscreen at all - even with a keyboard. (although i am sorta kinda in love with the torch <3 , and wish sprint had it!! i'd get that!!) so im 6 months into being a bb addict... I dont know if i could actualy go through with the swap, lol. I dont think any of the issues im having are bad enough to make me switch, just annoying enough to have to complain once in awhile - and like you said - this forum is AWESOME! so many people willing to help and not judge you for being a non techie! So good luck with your new tour! enjoy it! and i'll be seeing ya around the forums - you'll be helping someone else in no time!
    10-23-10 09:08 AM
    I agree. The problem with the password is not that bad and the BB is great. The physical keyboard is a great advantage. Thank you again and yes I will see you around.
    10-23-10 09:44 AM
    Don't bother taking your Tour to a store and asking them to remove the IT Policy. No one there will know how. That's not meant as a criticism of the store people. It's just not their job. They are paid to sell phones and services, not solve problems like a left-over IT Policy. If the password requirement isn't too onerous, then just live with it until you are comfortable running the procedure I gave you. It is simpler than it appears, and when you are ready, you'll be able to run it. But don't try it until you are comfortable with it.
    10-23-10 10:09 AM
    Thanks Jeff, I definetly will wait a while.
    10-24-10 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD