Did s/w update for 9630 Tour to v5.0.0.591 and now I can't send out any new e-mails. I can only reply and work with existing e-mails on the tour. Doesn't even pull up contacts when I try to type it in the destination and don't see contacts when i pull up menu. Is there a way to work around this.
    I've did a battery pull, resent service books, host routing table refresh and nothing fixes this.
    04-27-10 10:10 AM
    Do you see your browser? Can you surf the net? You may need to register your phone again. Options>advanced options>host routing table>menu button>register now
    if your contacts are missing you need to restore your backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 11:28 AM
    Did the the host routing table and that didn't fix it. As posted I also did the battery pull, resent the service books. The brower does work, able to use it without any problems and contacts are all there, e-mail addresses and all. Now I did remove the e-mail and add it back on and no luck there, but the weird thing for me is after adding it back on all the old e-mails were still there. I would assume that removing the e-mail would also delete the old e-mails but after adding it back on they showed up also.
    04-27-10 03:06 PM
    I am having the same problem. When I go into "compose Email" it starts your cursor in the "To:" field. When I start to type a name it does not prompt with any possibilities. I too have tried the quick pull and also the registering option that was posted earlier with no fix. This seemed to have happened since downloading the new version. I am currently running with 5.0.0.591 (Bundle 1059, Platform 4.2.0.284). Has anyone found a solution to this and is everybody have this issue?
    04-27-10 08:43 PM
    Well I am still having the same issues of no prompt of contact when start typing a name and even when I do fully compose an e-mail address and I hit the BB key to send, there is no "send" option to even choose!!! I guess I will need to "downgrade" to the previous 5.0 release and then just have to deal with the web clicking issues that everyone seems to be having. Not happy to say the least.
    04-28-10 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD