I've had my Tour 9630 for about a year now. I haven't tried to mess with 3G much but I did today and can't get it to connect. I'm hoping someone can help me out with it. My carrier is Verizon. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 01:21 PM
    I've had my Tour 9630 for about a year now. I haven't tried to mess with 3G much but I did today and can't get it to connect. I'm hoping someone can help me out with it. My carrier is Verizon. Thanks!

What makes you say that after all this time that you cannot connect to 3G?

1XEV like this in CAPS is 3G for verizon, It is not going to say 3G like some other carriers. Does that work for you?
    12-27-10 02:22 PM
    Well, With my mothers phone, She has a Blackberry Pearl and has Verizon and hers shows the 3G by her service?

12-27-10 03:51 PM
    The display of "3G" vs "1XEV" is something that is typically theme controlled on the Tour. Functionally, they are identical. It's just cosmetic.

If you want your Tour to display "3G", just load theme that supports it.
    12-27-10 04:37 PM
    Well, With my mothers phone, She has a Blackberry Pearl and has Verizon and hers shows the 3G by her service?

Exactly what MM told you is true and would take her advice if you want to see the 3G although like she said they are one and the same.
    12-27-10 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD