I have a friend about 100 miles away that works for Sprint. He used an unlocked Sprint Tour for about a week before he sold it to me. It was registered to him on the Sprint network. I bought the phone, popped my ATT sim into it and used it for a week before I realized I wasnt going to be able to get ATT 3G on it. I sold it on eBay.

The guy I sold it to cannot get it to activate on the Sprint network and is threatening to file a complaint against me. He has spent hours on the phone and in the Sprint store and no one can figure out why.

I am wondering if he had played with the service books and if that would have anything to do with it? After a wipe of the Tour, shouldnt it default back to the way it was out the box?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    12-23-09 08:36 AM
    If it was yesterday there was the outage issue.
    don't know if that had anything to do with it.
    12-23-09 08:39 AM
    Wasnt that just for internet and email though?
    12-23-09 08:43 AM
    A lot of people were complaining that they could not register there new phones yesterday. I bet Tony is right.
    12-23-09 08:46 AM
    A lot of people were complaining that they could not register there new phones yesterday. I bet Tony is right.
    Tell my wife .....
    The carriers still have to setup a BB account for each activation I thought.

It happened so fast that I bet the reps didn't know about it until later.
    12-23-09 08:48 AM
    He had tried prior to yesterday evening also. I did send him a link about the outage and told him to try again. Will update as soon as I hear something.
    12-23-09 09:01 AM
    yeah something isn't right.
    Could sprint have the esn as being locked/ stolen, etc?
    12-23-09 09:06 AM
    I would think they would have told him that over the phone. The first time he tried, they couldnt get any signal on the phone and told him to go to a store. The people at the store are generally clueless and dont know nearly as much as the people on the phone.
    12-23-09 09:45 AM
    He said someone at the store told him because it had "been unlocked off the Sprint network that he would have to pay $250 to get it back onto their network" I lol'd at this one and told him that was complete BS and to never go back to that store again.
    12-23-09 09:48 AM
    Did your friend owe a bill to Sprint or something? If he owes then they wont release the ESN to be registered.
    12-23-09 12:44 PM
    I activated a Sprint Tour on AT&T and all I had to do was slide the sim card into the phone and select GSM under mobile network. Made a test call and worked on the first time I tried.
    12-23-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD