I just switched from a Curve to a Tour and swapped SD cards.
    I can connect to my laptop and run the BB desktop software but I can't get into mass storage mode.
    I've gone into options - advanced mode - etc. and the media card doesn't show up.
    What am I doing wrong.

I'm trying to access some pictures on the phone and transfer to my laptop but I can't see them from the laptop.
    07-23-09 10:18 PM
    I just switched from a Curve to a Tour and swapped SD cards.
    I can connect to my laptop and run the BB desktop software but I can't get into mass storage mode.
    I've gone into options - advanced mode - etc. and the media card doesn't show up.
    What am I doing wrong.

I'm trying to access some pictures on the phone and transfer to my laptop but I can't see them from the laptop.
    Did you do a battery pull after you put the Micro SD card in the Tour?

Also, go to Options >> Memory and make sure Media Card Support & Mass Storage Mode Support are both set to on.
    Last edited by Smuuth; 07-23-09 at 10:41 PM.
    07-23-09 10:38 PM
    I'm also having troubles doing this. And I've done everything in the post above. I had no problem with my curve, and this is the same card that was in my curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 10:56 PM
    The only other thing I can think of is save all your files from the Micro SD card to your PC with a separate card reader or from your Curve, then put the card back in the Tour and go to Options >> Memory >> BB Key >> Format.

The problem may be because the Curve was running 4.5 and the Tour is on 4.7

I took a Micro SD card from my Storm and it works fine in my Tour.
    07-23-09 11:04 PM
    Also make sure when you go into memory support, when everything is on, to check the settings of enable mass storage mode, set this to prompt and it will ask everytime you plug in your phone if you want to enable mass storage mode.
    07-23-09 11:26 PM
    Has anyone had any luck with the reformatting?
    I can get to my media other than the pictures on the card.
    Why would that happen?
    07-24-09 10:48 AM
    You can get to your pictures, but not music or videos? Do you mean from your phone or when you have it as a USB mass storage connected to the computer
    07-24-09 10:55 AM
    Other way around. I just don't get it.
    I copied all my data from the card, and reformatted the card. i then reloaded the ringtones, pictures, and music, including some podcasts. When i view the card as mass storage thru the BB all I can see are two folders ...music and ringtones. viewed as mass storage The Music folder shows only Mp3, not Mp4. The ringtones folder shows nothing.
    Now when I remove the card from the phone and conect deirect to PC I can see ringtones and all the music in those folders, all types.
    I can also view the pictures this way, but again when I open thru mass storage connecting the BB, pictures and any picture folders are not there.
    Very Strange.
    In fact there are many folders that cant be viewed as mass storage.
    07-24-09 03:09 PM
    Do you have this connected to your pc when trying to look at your media? That's weird
    07-24-09 03:14 PM
    yes, to the PC. I also tried it on another PC, so that is not the issue.
    07-24-09 03:33 PM
    Have you tried going to Options>Memory and then turning ON Media Card Support and changing Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to Prompt instead of Yes?

I did this and now when I plug my Tour in the computer, I get a pop up asking me if I want to enable mass storage mode (like it did with my Curve).

If I don't select anything I can use DM without a problem, if I select Yes on the pop up, and I can access my storage card.
    07-24-09 03:38 PM
    Ok I did figure out that if you make sure Desktop Manager is at the home screen or even closed, that makes a difference.
    i am now able to view my files.
    So I think a combination of reformatting and that is the solution.
    07-24-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD