That flash sound right when the picture is taken...How can you silence that.

There's some funny **** I wanna take pics of in class, but the sound won't allow it
    09-16-09 05:47 PM
    BerryAnnoying, available from the CB Store, will silence the camera sound on your Tour. The Tour is the only CDMA camera that it will work with, however.
    09-16-09 05:52 PM
    There is another program out there that really Mutes the camera shutter

It actually Mutes it completely

Not available for download OTA but the other files are out there somewhere, start with google

I have it on my phone currently but I have no idea where I downloaded the files from
    09-16-09 06:07 PM
    There is another program out there that really Mutes the camera shutter

It actually Mutes it completely

Not available for download OTA but the other files are out there somewhere, start with google

I have it on my phone currently but I have no idea where I downloaded the files from
    BerryAnnoying mutes the camera sound completely. What is the name of the program you are using? Does it work on CDMA BlackBerry phones?
    09-16-09 06:30 PM
    CameraMute and it can be found on a competing forum. Altho the first link comes up with the wrong zip file. Another link gets the correct zip.
    09-16-09 11:46 PM
    i hate "confirmation tones" on any phone. they add a mili second delay to everything you do and its just annoying. the shutter sound is another but the biggest problem with the camera is the time it takes to focus before the shutter will close. seems like they could have done a better job of eliminating that delay.
    09-17-09 12:21 AM
    Yes, they are annoying. Unfortunately a lot of people only think this is for perverted reasons, but I know of MANY instances that I would have taken a picture of something hilarious if there wasn't a pretty loud sound (its EXTREMELY loud if you are in a dead quiet room lol)
    09-17-09 01:33 AM
    F2 said it

Works like a charm on my Sprint Tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 02:36 AM
    Just practice the timing and cough real loud.
    09-17-09 02:38 AM
    F2 said it

Works like a charm on my Sprint Tour

Do you have to manually start CameraMute every time you boot your Tour? Mine does for some reason. I'd rather it start up automatically. It's annoying to dig into my apps folder to start this program just to apply the menu option to mute my camera.
    09-17-09 06:26 AM
    09-17-09 06:59 AM
    What's the difference between the CameraMuteApp and BerryAnnoying?
    09-17-09 07:51 AM
    Peek-A-Boo works on my Tour
    09-17-09 08:23 AM
    Basically CameraMuteApp is free! You can't beat that!
    09-17-09 08:25 AM
    I have not used CameraMuteApp or Peek-A-Boo and was unaware of them when I purchased BerryAnnoying. BerryAnnoying completely silences the shutter and replaces the camera app on the Tour. You simply use BerryAnnoying instead of the Tour's camera app. There're no additional steps.

09-17-09 08:34 AM
    I downloaded the file berrytastic and went to application loaded in the desktop manager and installed the .alx file. When the phone restarted there was an icon on the homescreen but it just took me to the website. Where does the .cod and .jad files go?

any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by theninemilly; 09-17-09 at 09:57 AM.
    09-17-09 09:48 AM
    nevermind, had to register on that website and then i found a link to camera mute and downloaded the zip and used the Desktop manager to install it. Camera is note muted
    09-17-09 10:02 AM
    I just installed the CameraMuteApp and can confirm it works great on the Tour. I haven't tried BerryAnnoying, but I think this already wins for the fact that it's free and you don't have to load a separate program to take pictures.

What it does is adds "Mute !" to the BlackBerry menu the way Capture It does. You just have to toggle it once (it will then change to "Unmute !") and it will stay muted until you toggle it back.
    09-17-09 10:02 AM
    I just installed the CameraMuteApp and can confirm it works great on the Tour. I haven't tried BerryAnnoying, but I think this already wins for the fact that it's free and you don't have to load a separate program to take pictures.

What it does is adds "Mute !" to the BlackBerry menu the way Capture It does. You just have to toggle it once (it will then change to "Unmute !") and it will stay muted until you toggle it back.
    I also used this link and installed, it worked
    I did have to register with the site to get the file though
    09-17-09 10:29 AM
    Peek-A-Boo works on my Tour
    or would Pik-a-chu?

09-17-09 10:55 AM
    OTA for CameraMute App:
    http://www.blackberrymagazine.com.br...eraMuteApp.jad
    (short: http://www.blackberrymagazine.com.br...eraMuteApp.jad)
    Last edited by webmastir; 09-17-09 at 11:01 AM.
    09-17-09 10:58 AM
    Very cool. It's funny how my old Motorola clam shell would let me not only change the shutter sound to anything I wanted but also silence it right from the get-go. I assume RIM decided not to add this option as a default to deter the illegal and distasteful use of the camera
    09-17-09 01:58 PM
    Very cool. It's funny how my old Motorola clam shell would let me not only change the shutter sound to anything I wanted but also silence it right from the get-go. I assume RIM decided not to add this option as a default to deter the illegal and distasteful use of the camera
    I don't really think RIM cares how people use the BlackBerry. I believe the camera has simply always been an afterthought with them since their devices have always been aimed primarily at business users. I sincerely doubt the inability to mute the digital shutter has anything to do with outing pervs and boardroom slackers.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 09-17-09 at 05:33 PM.
    09-17-09 05:30 PM
    CameraMute is NOT persistent - at least, when I rebooted my Tour, it was no longer on the Menu. It needs to be run again.

I did download "StartMeUp" and will see if that gets it going but probably it will need to be run and then MUTE selected again. So it will probably NOT be automatically loaded and operational without user input each time you reboot.
    09-17-09 08:56 PM
    If I am not mistaken it is law in some places that the cameras make a noise which is why they do not have an option to turn it off.
    09-17-09 10:20 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD