Im not sure if Im posting in the right forum or not but I have a vzw tour and I upgraded the OS to 5.0.0.230 a few weeks ago. I never did a full wipe first and noticed it kept freezing so I reloaded the stock OS back into my phone. Yesterday I downloaded BBSAK and did the full wipe like I was supposed to and the phone is still freezing alot. Im wondering if maybe its an app that Im running that is giving me constant problems? I noticed that so many people had great things to say about this OS so maybe someone can help me? The apps I have on my phone are facebook, Google Talk, Bolt, Snaptu, BB App World, and Shazam. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    11-06-09 10:11 AM
    I'm running OS 5.0.0.238, and I have installed Facebook, Bolt, BB App World (just to compare to your list) and haven't noticed any lockups. So you might want to look into the other apps. I've noticed that doing full wipes usually works out better than just upgrading as well.
    11-06-09 10:39 AM
    How often/long does it freeze for?
    11-06-09 10:39 AM
    It stays frozen until I pull the battery LOL.
    11-06-09 10:42 AM
    .230 works pretty perfect on my tour..no freezing

I have all the apps you mentioned expect Bolt, Snaptu (what is that anyways) and Shazam.

Maybe start with deleting Snaptu or Shazam one at a time since I know a ton of people use Bolt..wouldnt think thats the problem.
    11-06-09 10:42 AM
    I'm running OS 5.0.0.238, and I have installed Facebook, Bolt, BB App World (just to compare to your list) and haven't noticed any lockups. So you might want to look into the other apps. I've noticed that doing full wipes usually works out better than just upgrading as well.

Ok thanks, I'll do a search for .238 and try that one perhaps.
    11-06-09 10:45 AM
    .230 works pretty perfect on my tour..no freezing

I have all the apps you mentioned expect Bolt, Snaptu (what is that anyways) and Shazam.

Maybe start with deleting Snaptu or Shazam one at a time since I know a ton of people use Bolt..wouldnt think thats the problem.
    Snaptu is a multipurpose app. It has twitter, facebook, accuweather, and a buch of other apps built into it. I like to keep it around for the fb use because the pictures load quicker on it and theyre also bigger. Thanks.
    11-06-09 10:46 AM
    11-06-09 10:47 AM
    How often/long does it freeze for?

I loaded it around 10pm last night and its almost noon today and its frozen 3 times on me so far.
    11-06-09 10:48 AM

I looked into doing a hybrid...but I'm not too confident that i'll be able to do it properly...it seemed complicated to me last time I looked at the hybrid page...
    11-06-09 10:49 AM
    Something else you might consider or do - search your SD card for the following files in each folder with media:

BBThumbs.dat

The files are index files in each folder where media are stored. They may be hidden so you need to show them. It is believed that they may be somewhat unique to each OS and so erasing them, allows the OS to recreate them as it rescans your pics, music, videos, etc.

Back a while my 8830 would lockup after I had installed a new OS. I found that suggestion to erase those files fixed the problem.
    11-06-09 02:21 PM
    It's pretty easy. I'd go the 50v7.8 hybrid route.

1) Reinstall .230 (choose repair)
    2) Install the hybrid installer
    3) Afterwards it runs ShrinkAOs, remove what you don't want and click Shrink it or whatever it's called
    4) Loader runs and installs the OS for you (auto backs up your data and restores it after the install). No need for desktop manager at all.
    11-06-09 02:23 PM
    Thanks F2 and Papped!
    11-07-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD