I have been going around this message board (particularly in the "essex" section) and found that a number of users of the Blackberry Tour have been complaining about trackball issues. Being that I am looking into getting the Blackberry Tour sometime next week, I am starting to feel a bit reluctant about getting it.

Can someone explain to me what "trackball problem" people are talking about? Should I still consider the Tour as one of my options?

Thanks,
    Matt
    10-28-09 09:54 PM
    the tour is a great device. the "trackball" problems are mostly resolved, but there are still some tours out there that have a bad trackball. when someone says they're having problems with their trackball, they're having trouble scrolling (usually horizontally). it jumps around instead of going smoothly like it should. you should definitely still consider the tour. i've had mine since day one and have never had problems and i absolutely love it. if you do get a device with a bad trackball, show it to your carrier immediately and they should give you a different one
    10-28-09 09:59 PM
    Early releases of the Tour had trackballs that performed badly moving side to side. Not all of them, but a lot of them. Around the middle of August, they started checking phones for problems and apparently those that passed had a green dot sticker placed on the box. I bought my Tour in mid-August, exchanged it once, and have been happy with it since. The consensus seems to be that the trackball problems are a thing of the past.

Would definitely go the route of buying from a provider and not secondhand, so that you get the provider's return policy and warranty.
    10-28-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD