My friend's bold can open exel and power point as well as her gps navigation through att ( free) has voice turn by turn gps.
    Can our VZW tour do this?

I've been with Big red for alot of years. But ATT with better blackberry abilities and the option of an iphone ( not saying I want an iphone cause I'm not willing to have no fingernails to use a freakin touch screen) is starting to win me over.

so if our vzw tours can do excel and pwr pt what do I need to do to activate that? is there an app I need?
    12-02-09 07:52 PM
    Documents To Go does all that which is available for all BBs. I think the free version comes on BB Bold but not the tour. You can get it anyways.

Also your friend doesn't get free GPS, it's montly services using AT&T Navigator (AKA TeleNAV) - Verizon has the samething but their's is called VZ Navigator. Not sure if it's yet available for the tour yet however.
    12-02-09 08:09 PM
    Documents To Go does all that which is available for all BBs. I think the free version comes on BB Bold but not the tour. You can get it anyways.

Also your friend doesn't get free GPS, it's montly services using AT&T Navigator (AKA TeleNAV) - Verizon has the samething but their's is called VZ Navigator. Not sure if it's yet available for the tour yet however.
    thanks for the info on docs to go. I will check into that. yeah the vz nav is avail on the tour for $10 a month grrr.
    12-02-09 08:12 PM
    yea.. pretty much anything the Bold does.. the Tour can do too.. it's all about find the correct apps.
    12-02-09 08:26 PM
    Yeah, this should make the decision for you somewhat simpler:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f68/ser...ly-bad-373474/

The two things the Bold can do that are notably absent on the Tour are simultaneous voice and data and wifi. I always find it very difficult to compare devices on different carriers, since for me I would ALWAYS pick the carrier first, then the best device on that carrier that fits my needs.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 12-02-09 at 08:41 PM.
    12-02-09 08:38 PM
    I was in your situation before and I jumped shipped to ATT for about 15 days. I returned to VZW because no matter what or how cooler ATT phones are compared to VZW phones, the any ATT device is useless to me if I can't get good reception and service. In my area Northern NJ, Verzion service is much better.
    12-02-09 08:57 PM
    Documents To Go came free on my Tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 09:06 PM
    Documents To Go came free on my Tour

Same here. I did see you cant create new docs or xls. I did read you can just email yourself a few blank docs or xls sheets and use them should you need to create new..
    12-02-09 09:31 PM
    The Tour can do everything the Bold can
    12-02-09 09:41 PM
    thanks for the info on docs to go. I will check into that. yeah the vz nav is avail on the tour for $10 a month grrr.
    AT&T charges $10/month for AT&T Navigator (aka Telenav). There is no price difference.
    12-03-09 12:48 AM
    The Tour can do everything the Bold can
    Except Wi-Fi and simultaneous voice/data on the 3G network.
    12-03-09 12:49 AM
    Well, if you can stand to not have voice prompts google maps will give you directions. Its free.

12-03-09 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD