I was using a BB bold 9000 and used a go phone account paying a monthly pay as you go .I now have a Tour 9630 and do not want a contract I want the same thing, pay as you go, I popped my at&t sim card into the tour (It is unlocked) and Im wondering if it will activate in the tour once I go purchase some new Go phone cards, , does anyone know if this will work I would hate to spend the money and it doesnt work.I can no longer use my bold due to some hardware issues it will no longer turn on, so Im hoping this will work for me, also is there any way to switch all my contacts from the old sim to the tour or no-Thanks
    Last edited by MissMichelle_p; 01-25-11 at 09:57 PM.
    01-25-11 09:55 PM
    I got the scoop from a pal from mine and sounds like she had some luck with a same scenario ... If the tour 9630 is not AT&T then you may not be able to have all the features due to different network settings ... However you could check out bb online and get the settings to download and everything might work out ok ... Now it is safe to say that downloading the contacts to the SIM card you would have to be able to turn the Bold on as far as we know ... So if you can get a screen you can xfer the contacts ... The phone will work for calls and text but again if not AT&T then you might need new settings for complete compatibility

Good Luck and keep us posted
    MissMichelle_p likes this.
    01-25-11 10:26 PM
    GO Phone does not support BIS. You can probably get voice and text to work, but without a full plan with a BB feature, you won't be able to get much else. But, since you've used a 9000 with a prepaid SIM, you already know how that works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 10:44 PM
    bigsteveatt is correct as BIS is concerned. You need a data plan to access the internet and to receive mms. The same goes for anything that uses data. Once you get a data plan, send the att data books to the tour. I must warn you that you will only get EDGE speeds with the tour while using the att sim card because the frequency bands on the gsm radio in the tour are different to the ones in att phones.
    01-26-11 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD