How can I set my Sprint Tour to stop sending me a text message every time someone leaves me a voicemail? I've looked at every conceivable option and can't figure out how to stop this. For me, it's enough to have a missed call alert, and subsequently I'll see the VM icon on my screen if I have a VM. I don't need to have to clear a text as well... it's annoying! Thanks.
    08-21-09 12:22 PM
    I can't remember but try going to your call history, selecting options, select call logging and make sure none is selected...
    08-21-09 02:39 PM
    That will only stop missed or all calls from going to your text/mms/sms inbox.
    Voicemail will go to your mms/sms inbox as a notification...no way to turn that off I know of.
    08-21-09 03:16 PM
    I would look into the vm options when you call 1. It sounds like a sprint issue so you might call cs as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 03:30 PM
    It's a carrier issue. Happens on my Verizon Pearl too. It's annoying but I'm not sure there's a way to fix.
    08-21-09 04:29 PM
    How can I set my Sprint Tour to stop sending me a text message every time someone leaves me a voicemail? I've looked at every conceivable option and can't figure out how to stop this. For me, it's enough to have a missed call alert, and subsequently I'll see the VM icon on my screen if I have a VM. I don't need to have to clear a text as well... it's annoying! Thanks.
    Did you have visual voice mail at one point? i believe tahts where it comes from. If you had VVM and removed it that text is picked up by VVM and never shows up. Once you cancel it you get the SMS
    08-21-09 04:36 PM
    Give me some time to figure it out; this happened to me & I stopped it...

08-21-09 04:37 PM
    Did you have visual voice mail at one point? i believe tahts where it comes from. If you had VVM and removed it that text is picked up by VVM and never shows up. Once you cancel it you get the SMS
    Nope, never had VVM on Sprint...
    08-21-09 04:38 PM
    Give me some time to figure it out; this happened to me & I stopped it...
    Thanks Pro9... it's making me NUTS.

I just got offline with Sprint Chat and they couldn't figure it out. May call tech support later when I have time to sit on hold...
    08-21-09 04:39 PM
    Have you tried my initial suggestion yet?

08-21-09 04:48 PM
    Have you tried my initial suggestion yet?
    Yes - "none" was already selected.
    08-21-09 04:52 PM
    This is how it is on at least CDMA BlackBerries, regardless of the carrier. My Verizon Tour does it, as does my wifes Curve, and my 8830 and 8130 did this also. I am not sure about the GSM providers.
    08-21-09 04:54 PM
    With Roger's in Canada it's a carrier option. I called them up and they turned the feature off.

08-21-09 05:15 PM
    I have a similar question: I just want the Voicemail alert to be a different TONE than the SMS tone..... any way to do this?
    08-21-09 05:53 PM
    Carrier issue on Verizion? Come on now...I have NEVER had this on Verizon. Who ever said Verizon had this issue on their BB is messed up.
    08-21-09 06:00 PM
    Carrier issue on Verizion? Come on now...I have NEVER had this on Verizon. Who ever said Verizon had this issue on their BB is messed up.
    Lol, I agree. For a minute, I was beginning to think that I was an isolated case... I know that I've seen this on my tour, but I corrected it.. just can't remember what I did.
    08-21-09 06:07 PM
    Will keep an eye out and hope that Pro9 remembers what it was that corrected it.

I sat on hold with Sprint Tech Support, TWICE. First call, first agent couldn't help, transferred me to Tier 2... Tier 2 agent put me on hold and disconnected me. I called back... after holding again, was told "this is a feature of the BlackBerry's software and there is no way to disable it."

I call B.S. on that one.
    08-21-09 08:11 PM
    Yeah i have only had this on verizon. Did it on my previous 8330 my wifes pearl and now on both of our tours. Never did it on my tmobile curve 8900. I think it is a cdma thing
    08-21-09 08:18 PM
    It is quite annoying - happened on both my 8830 and my current Tour on Verizon. Would really like to know how to turn off the message notification.
    08-21-09 08:21 PM
    the more important issue for me is whether this counts as a text message or not. if it doesn't cost me anything then I don't care too much..
    08-21-09 08:36 PM
    Does no one search any longer? This has already been explained in other threads.
    08-21-09 09:12 PM
    It does not count as a text message. AFAIK, there is no way to get rid of this on the CDMA BB devices. I do not think that it affects GSM BB's, just CDMA.
    08-21-09 09:12 PM
    I just found a solution on another site.

Turn on SMS blocking in your firewall settings with except messages from address book contacts.

The only SMS messages you may be missing out on are ones from your bank or other messaging services that you receive alerts from.

Personally, I separated my SMS/MMS and email inbox and added any number/email address that I wanted to continue receiving messages from my SMS/MMS inbox to my contact list.

I don't think that I have missed anything but if anyone can think of any unforeseen problems please chime in.
    08-21-09 10:51 PM
    I just found a solution on another site.

Turn on SMS blocking in your firewall settings with except messages from address book contacts.

The only SMS messages you may be missing out on are ones from your bank or other messaging services that you receive alerts from.

Personally, I separated my SMS/MMS and email inbox and added any number/email address that I wanted to continue receiving messages from my SMS/MMS inbox to my contact list.

I don't think that I have missed anything but if anyone can think of any unforeseen problems please chime in.
    What about those who aren't stored in your address book? For instance, a friend may change their number and text you to inform you..
    08-21-09 11:09 PM
    The only solution that worked for me is what I posted in my initial response.. After thoroughly researching the forums, it seems that some of us are fortunate enough to disable this feature and some of us aren't... I can't come up with anything else..
    08-21-09 11:10 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD