We are almost at the point where someone might actually post this question. I thought I might as well help us all get there faster.

. Watch for more stupid posts later.
    06-26-09 04:56 PM
    Depends on what kind of holster you have it in.
    06-26-09 04:58 PM
    phone calls are an Option now
    06-26-09 04:59 PM
    We are almost at the point where someone might actually post this question. I thought I might as well help us all get there faster.

. Watch for more stupid posts later.
    This is VERY true...
    06-26-09 05:07 PM
    It really is an option especially with a Storm running a buggy OS.
    06-26-09 05:08 PM
    you can only make phone calls on the tour if the signal meter does not read "sos"

if it does reas 'sos'
    please contact support other wise phone calls should work fine..

if you use a holster that has a sleep magnet it may go to sleep when placed in said holster..

hope this helps!

sadly I felt there should be a real response to the question at hand..
    06-26-09 05:09 PM
    you can only make phone calls on the tour if the signal meter does not read "sos"

if it does reas 'sos'
    please contact support other wise phone calls should work fine..

if you use a holster that has a sleep magnet it may go to sleep when placed in said holster..

hope this helps!

sadly I felt there should be a real response to the question at hand..
    I'm sorry, it wasn't a real question, so please delete your helpful suggestions and respond with sarcasm. I will settle for a rolleyes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 05:17 PM
    so, umm.. i've read thru all the unhelpful posts and still dont know if the tour can make phone calls or not.

phone calls? or data only? sigh
    06-26-09 05:29 PM
    Phone calls.... I always forget this thing is capable of that too !!!
    06-26-09 05:31 PM
    Nope. No phone calls, just data and gps

06-26-09 05:34 PM
    i think i read somewhere that the tour was a cell phone.... i could be wrong though i suppose, i've been wrong in the past...

06-26-09 05:39 PM
    No, the Tour cannot make phone calls. But it can flip waffles. Awesome, yes. True, of course!

06-26-09 05:45 PM
    Nope. No phone calls, just data and gps

thankyou! i wouldnt have bought this thing if it had that damn phone ability in it.. useless feature.

does the vibration setting work in the water.. or does it only massage while the phone is dry? please tell me these shortsighted fools at rim didnt fail to waterproof!!!
    06-26-09 05:47 PM
    It makes phone calls, but you can also drive your BlackBerry Tour cross country--it has the same ammenities as any world class winnebago--hence the name, BlackBerry "Tour."
    06-26-09 05:48 PM
    No, the Tour cannot make phone calls. But it can flip waffles. Awesome, yes. True, of course!

who flips waffles? besides i thought waffles was the pearl flips forte.. waffles press when the clamshell is cloed with the rim insiginia! the tour shoud be doing french toast me thinks.. ya know.. tour de french toast!?!?
    06-26-09 05:50 PM
    You can add the "I want to make phone calls option" to your service plan for an additional $249.00 per month.

06-26-09 05:52 PM
    I don't think phone calls will be available on the original release.

I called Verizon, and a Representative told me that it will be available on the next OS release, 5.1 when it comes out on Februrary 31st, 2010. I heard there is a beta floating around somewhere, but the phone call quality is very bad.

I can't wait till then!
    06-26-09 05:53 PM
    It depends on whether it has a silver chrome bezel or a black chrome bezel.
    06-26-09 06:15 PM
    It makes phone calls, but you can also drive your BlackBerry Tour cross country--it has the same ammenities as any world class winnebago--hence the name, BlackBerry "Tour."
    Besides, the name "Blackberry Wagon Queen Family Truckster" took up too much space on the home screen
    06-26-09 06:16 PM
    My g/f's the one forcing me to buy the Tour, something to do with the high level of vibrating it does wonder why she wants a vibrating cell??
    06-26-09 06:16 PM
    Here's a classic:

The iphone makes phone calls.
    Tour = EPIC FAIL !!!

06-26-09 06:29 PM
    Well I heard for a sister's cousin's boyfriend who delivered a pizza to a guy who works at RIM that it makes phone calls only on weekends.

06-27-09 09:38 AM
    As Chris Rock says: It doesn't come with any ringtones standard. So if you don't buy any you'll have to always check your phone to see if someone is calling.
    06-27-09 09:49 AM
    Can anyone confirm the phone call feature? CX or radio, can you leak the info about the tour's ability to make phone calls? Salomondrin can you make a video showing the tour making a phone call?

06-27-09 09:54 AM
    What is this question??????
    06-27-09 09:54 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD