First off, I'd like to say that I'm new to the BB device so if you offer "support" please have it be VERY user friendly. I'd really appreciate. I had a few questions, and I went into verizon and they sent me here to this website because they couldn't help me.

I installed facebook for the BB, and I've done EVERYTHING known to man kind (even with the help of the verizon people) to fix this issue and I was wondering if any of you had an idea to fix this issue.

Here's the problem, no matter WHAT setting my phone is on (Loud, Medium, Vibrate, Silent, the application "facebook" still has an alert message tone when someone writes on my wall or literally anything happens with facebook my phone has an alert tone.

I've tried:
    I've set the entire phone to silent, the application to silent in the options menu, erased the application, reinstalled the application, everything to turn the damn tone off.. but it still rings at all hours of the night. Verizon was a little blundered by it too.

Honestly I would like to turn the facebook application silent, I have it set to silent now but it still goes off... Is there an override somewhere? There seems to be a bug. Can anyone help?

I don't know how to further explain the problem but if you need clarification I can try.
    03-20-10 11:02 PM
    wish I could help, I don't use the facbook app because it is not a very good app
    03-20-10 11:41 PM
    thanks anyway *sigh* i'll probably end up deleting it after while... I can't stand the tones all night.
    03-20-10 11:43 PM
    do some searches in the CB forums, someone else had to have this same problem, are you running the latest OS?
    03-20-10 11:45 PM
    Don't use it either, but it should be a matter of getting the profilke setting right. You go into each profile to messages, see facebook, change the sound to silent both in and out of holster, switch off the vibration, save each setting, do a battery pull with the device on, and still it rings and vibrates?

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 11:47 PM
    i think so? crap, how would i know? it's the 4. something.... i think. where would i find out....i asked if it was one of the recent ones when i got it on friday and the guy said it was the most updated one... *shrug* i don't know how to update it though... or check.
    03-20-10 11:48 PM
    i think so? crap, how would i know? it's the 4. something.... i think. where would i find out....i asked if it was one of the recent ones when i got it on friday and the guy said it was the most updated one... *shrug* i don't know how to update it though... or check.
    The newest OS are always at the top of the forum. Here's the latest official:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ne...9630-a-423383/
    However the Spint OS can be a PITA to download, so you may want to try this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...9630-a-428654/
    Use my guide, to help you through.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-20-10 11:54 PM
    if i follow what you're saying big bad wulf. i would..
    go to options> ring tone alerts > other > facebook

this is what it is set to:

ring tone: notifier_bbpro_5
    volume: silent
    LED: off
    vibration: off
    notify me during calls: no

and when it "try it"

it does what it listed above, but when i "save" it..

it rings that notifier ring.. or whatever ring i set it to.. it won't be SILENT.

not even if the entire phone is SILENT like a sound profile for the whole phone. facebook STILL makes a tone.

i have not done a battery pull, what is that besides what it logically sounds like...
    03-20-10 11:54 PM
    i'm running version 4.7.1.61
    03-20-10 11:57 PM
    if i follow what you're saying big bad wulf. i would..
    go to options> ring tone alerts > other > facebook

this is what it is set to:

ring tone: notifier_bbpro_5
    volume: silent
    LED: off
    vibration: off
    notify me during calls: no

and when it "try it"

it does what it listed above, but when i "save" it..

it rings that notifier ring.. or whatever ring i set it to.. it won't be SILENT.

not even if the entire phone is SILENT like a sound profile for the whole phone. facebook STILL makes a tone.

i have not done a battery pull, what is that besides what it logically sounds like...
    That all sounds good. Just don't know if you've done that for every profile or not. If say youive set it for normal, but then set it for silent, it could still very well alert you. Battery pull is exactly as it sounds. Leave the device on, pull the battery, and after 30 second you put it back in.

03-21-10 12:02 AM
    i'll try that i guess..

is there a way to freeze my little icons so they don't auto arrange every time i change themes too? just curious.

thanks
    03-21-10 12:06 AM
    turn it off before you go to bed !
    03-21-10 12:08 AM
    i'll try that i guess..

is there a way to freeze my little icons so they don't auto arrange every time i change themes too? just curious.

thanks
    Each theme has to be set from scratch.

Jude, what?

03-21-10 12:10 AM
    i'm not turning my phone off. sorry. i will delete facebook before doing that. thanks though.
    03-21-10 12:13 AM
    Just log out. How simple is that. My FB does that now and then too. Reset the profile and tOok care of it for 99% of the time. Try keeping it holstered at night too. Ah ha. Select the " AlERTS OFF" option. Alarm still worx

Last edited by Waterjunkie; 03-21-10 at 02:21 AM.
    03-21-10 02:17 AM
    Also you can access the notification connection from the computer. Simply uncheck the option that asks you to accept notifications
    03-21-10 02:39 AM
    If you have the original OS, that also has a glitch or two when it comes to setting profiles and maintaining them. I don't know if moving to OS 5 will solve the issue but it might. I am one of the 3 or 4 people in the US that is not on facebook!!!
    03-21-10 08:46 AM
    My solution is to log out of facebook for the night.
    03-21-10 10:26 AM
    you have a good point, i can just log out of fb. i guess thanks
    03-21-10 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD