I went from tmobile to sprint and in doing so I went from my bb javelin to my tour my only complaint about my tour other than normal bb problems is my text msg fields are limited in number of characters is there a way or a mod so my tour can automatically compile multiple text msgs out of one long text so I don't have to write 2 or 3 seperate texts for one msg ? Any help would be greatly apreciated ty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 05:32 PM
    Search "Beyond 160" its has a free 7 day trial, then it costs like $5 or $6 and it is worth it. While composing an SMS, simply hit the blackberry button, and at the top click "beyond 160" and you can type a message as long as you want to anyone on any carrier. it sends seperate messages, each labled (1/3), then (2/3), and (3/3) or however many pages there are.
    09-09-09 05:34 PM
    I went from tmobile to sprint and in doing so I went from my bb javelin to my tour my only complaint about my tour other than normal bb problems is my text msg fields are limited in number of characters is there a way or a mod so my tour can automatically compile multiple text msgs out of one long text so I don't have to write 2 or 3 seperate texts for one msg ? Any help would be greatly apreciated ty

Search "Beyond 160" its has a free 7 day trial, then it costs like $5 or $6 and it is worth it. While composing an SMS, simply hit the blackberry button, and at the top click "beyond 160" and you can type a message as long as you want to anyone on any carrier. it sends seperate messages, each labled (1/3), then (2/3), and (3/3) or however many pages there are.
    +1
    10 char!
    09-09-09 05:37 PM
    I must honestly say, beyond 160 is one app that I think EVERYONE should be willing to spend the $6 its costs or whatever.
    09-09-09 05:51 PM
    You could also send the text via an mms. That will allow for more than 160 characters. By the way, I think I read somewhere that the updrade comin for the tour is gonna deal with that issue. I'm not sure if it's in a new upgrade for the Tour or when the new 5.0 comes out but I did read it's coming. Until then, Beyond 160 or text in mms is the way to go.

09-09-09 06:43 PM
    I must honestly say, beyond 160 is one app that I think EVERYONE should be willing to spend the $6 its costs or whatever.
    ^^ agreed. definitely worth the cost
    09-09-09 08:38 PM
    MMS is what I use, no need to pay for an app to do it.
    09-09-09 09:57 PM
    Not everyone can receive mms. That is why beyond 160 is the bomb. Great app well worth the cost

09-09-09 10:04 PM
    Heck yes. one of the first apps I bought when I got my tour. $6? pocket change for what its worth.
    09-09-09 10:34 PM
    MMS is a good work around if you dont have the $6. But if you dont have the $6 Im not sure why you own a blackberry.

Anyways, as stated, not everyone has a phone/device with MMS capabilities
    09-09-09 11:44 PM
    MMS is a good work around if you dont have the $6. But if you dont have the $6 Im not sure why you own a blackberry.

Anyways, as stated, not everyone has a phone/device with MMS capabilities
    Are you saying that Blackberrys are only for the rich and/or elite? To some people $6 might seem like a lot to pay for a convenience app. It doesn't mean he doesn't prefer his BB over EVERY other device on the market.
    09-10-09 12:56 AM
    No I'm not saying that at all. I'm unemployed and just bought my Tour haha. I just meant if someone has the initial $300 for the Tour, and the monthly bill that comes with it, you'd have to assume they'd be willing to pay a few bucks for an extremely convenient application like beyond 160.

09-10-09 01:03 AM
    This is assuming he didn't blow his last $300 on the Tour. I am unemployed too and am still looking for ways to get me an 8900. Of course I also stop for breakfast every morning after dropping of my daughter at school but can't bring myself to pay $3 for a new game to play on the phone..lol
    09-10-09 01:07 AM
    This is assuming he didn't blow his last $300 on the Tour. I am unemployed too and am still looking for ways to get me an 8900. Of course I also stop for breakfast every morning after dropping of my daughter at school but can't bring myself to pay $3 for a new game to play on the phone..lol
    Lmao yeah I hear ya. It sounds rougher for you, especially with a kid. Only reason I can afford the good ol' Tour is because mommy and daddy let me live with them for low rent. 23 year old man livin at home. Sigh, damn economy.

09-10-09 02:25 AM
    Lmao yeah I hear ya. It sounds rougher for you, especially with a kid. Only reason I can afford the good ol' Tour is because mommy and daddy let me live with them for low rent. 23 year old man livin at home. Sigh, damn economy.

Been there done that at 28. When times are tough it's nice to have family but damn I could not do that again. I have about 2 months before I am in trouble and will have to start figuring out what to shut off to keep the lights on and the Crackberry hummin...lol
    09-10-09 02:35 AM
    Haha that actually made me laugh. The Tour is my first berry, and I'm about 2 weeks in. Before I would say you're crazy, but now that I'm hooked, I would also do just about anything to keep my blackberry.

09-10-09 02:38 AM
    Haha that actually made me laugh. The Tour is my first berry, and I'm about 2 weeks in. Before I would say you're crazy, but now that I'm hooked, I would also do just about anything to keep my blackberry.

It's a shame AT&T went to the data requirement. I was going to renew my contract in Jan for a new 8900 and lock myself in for 2 years to help keep me from canceling service, but now with the data req. I won't be doing that and it's much easier to cancel service if money isn't there..lol.
    09-10-09 02:53 AM
    At&t requires a data plan? Is this just a recent thing?

09-10-09 02:59 AM
    At&t requires a data plan? Is this just a recent thing?

Yep Sept 6th
    09-10-09 03:21 AM
    Oh wow I didn't know that. I suppose if money got real tight I would switch to Sprint. I really like the coverage of Verizon, but they really nickel and dime you like crazy. Been with them 7 or 8 years, but I would leave them so I could still afford a Berry, before I would ever downgrade to a normal phone.

09-10-09 03:24 AM
    Yep...it's an addiction all right.
    09-10-09 03:26 AM
    I never understood it. I guess it takes having one in your hands for a few days, then there is no looking back. I definitely get it now. Gotta love Canada. Blackberrys and hockey, what more could I ask for!

09-10-09 03:31 AM
    I'm watching law and order criminal intent, the red head chick has a blackberry, curve I think. See, now I never noticed that kind of thing before. Its a sickness now haha

09-10-09 03:39 AM
    New to BB and just got the Tour thru VW, does this apply to VW as well? If so do you search on your BB or home computer? Thanks.
    09-10-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD